Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback

GaF

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback

I'm don't wholly agree that the $20 tourneys are the totally significant to the overall result. Kent have only cashed twice - both in $5 Buy-Ins and they are only $20 behind us (we won the $20 buy-in) and we've cashed 3 times. ($20 including Boost Points) IMO as most important a factor is finishing position - which is how it should be.
Kent won both of their tournaments, they would be miles behind if they had come 2nd in both. Where did you guys come in the 2 that you didn't win?

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback Some other thoughts/ideas you may wish to give feedback on: - Better team selections - get players together with similar goals, and give players mixed equity. Selection/equity should be based on how much players wish to chase boost and what proportion of evenings they wish to play. For example: Player 1 expresses a desire to be in a team which chases 100% boost and wants 50% equity - this means he will play half of his teams games, and achieve half of his teams boost and receive half of all his teams winnings. Player 2 expresses a desire to be in a team which chases 100% boost and wants 35% equity - this means he will play 35% of his teams games, and achieve 35% of his teams boost and receive 35% of all his teams winnings. Player 3 expresses a desire to be in a team which chases 100% boost and wants 15% equity - this means he will play 15% of his teams games, and achieve 15% of his teams boost and receive 35% of all his teams winnings. Players 1, 2 and 3 will be combined to create a team. It should ensure that players are in teams with partners who share similar goals, pull their weight similarly and players play the volume (boost and MTTs) that suits them! - To enable players to get together more freely in "like minded" groups, I think we need to remove the geographical reference in the team names - I'd suggest we use teams with some other theme - e.g. animals? - Prizes - rather than two equal prizes, differentiate all positions? eg With the same prizes as this month overall, we could have instead said, 1st place wins staking to 6x$18k Gtd buy in per week for a month. 2nd place wins staking to 4x$18k Gtd buy in per week for a month. 3rd place wins staking to 2x$18k Gtd buy in per week for a month. - 1 Player per team per event. Consensus seems to be to keep it this way (though I've had one PM preferring it to be kept open). DO we need to "regulate" this, or just leave it as the voluntary code as we have at the moment? - Would a smoother boost be better (say 2000 Betfair Points per team per week), or does the super boost launch work well (3000 Betfair points in week 0, then 1000 Betfair Points per week)? - Do we like variable start times as we have at present (giving the maximum number of players the opportunity to find nights when they can play) or is it a little confusing and would consistent start times be better (e.g. 8pm UK Time every evening)

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback Dont see the locations as a problem really:unsure Like the prize idea:ok Personally would make the teams 2-4 players per team,which the first points you made could be incorporated into. Would have it as many team players could play and the highest scoring player on the night counted.

Would have it as many team players could play and the highest scoring player on the night counted.
What about the "collusion paranoia"? I dont believe collusion would be a real issue, I do believe that there's a strong chance players will believe they're being colluded against (where they're not) - especially maybe with some of the less well known PLrs... Counting the highest scoring player also hugely rewards team size over all else. (so we'd have to cap the team size - at 4 players you're suggesting? Then it would come down to the team who had the 4 players who could play most frequently - the casual player would be heavily penalised....)

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback Think you both (GAF, and JT) got all the right ingredients just right in the first place. Obviously alot of time, and effort went into this challenge. Would be nice to be able to enter a few guaranteed tourni's though, but understand why not. Just hope the 2 winning teams can make it profitable for JT, so the games can keep going :ok

What about the "collusion paranoia"? I dont believe collusion would be a real issue, I do believe that there's a strong chance players will believe they're being colluded against (where they're not) - especially maybe with some of the less well known PLrs... The rules could be made the same as the apat team events and standard single entry tournaments.No grey areas:ok Have to say on a personal level though I find it very difficult to play in team events where you have multiple team members in an event. But would be the way to go if you wanted to standardise it. Counting the highest scoring player also hugely rewards team size over all else. (so we'd have to cap the team size - at 4 players you're suggesting? Then it would come down to the team who had the 4 players who could play most frequently - the casual player would be heavily penalised....)
Hadn't thought of that point ,forgot some people have a social life:lol Still would have max teams of 4 though sure everyone could manage 2 games a week;) Reduce the number of points boost and have 2 games a night?Still would only work out 3-4 games a week per player in a 4 player team.

Kent won both of their tournaments' date=' they would be miles behind if they had come 2nd in both. Where did you guys come in the 2 that you didn't win?[/quote'] At that point we had come 2nd and 3rd. But your statement, regarding Kent winning both Games, confirms my thoughts that as everything Poker related - Position is King

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback Other, perhaps more fundamental question, do you like the team challenge way of doing this, or would you prefer an individual event of some kind?

How about allowing freezeout sats where the sat is a feeder to a larger event the same evening? The value of any seats won wont count' date=' just the winnings from the second event.[/quote'] With extremely limited options tonight, I've put that in tonights poll as an option (though being a 23:00 Main Event start, probably doesnt stand much chance)

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback This being my 1st PL Challenge, I have really enjoyed it (despite my team mate deserting me). Being a relative novice, I hope you stick with mainly $5 and $10 dollars buy ins. Would have tried to get more points but the SNGs fill up so slowly it makes it an effort. I think a range of start times is OK but 10pm should be the latest on a 'school' night. Thanks to all of you from being so welcoming. So many forums aren't.

• 1 month later...

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback GaF, just read the PM you sent and have passed onto the rest of team LUK as requested. I'm not very creative when it comes to ideas for this kind of thing, all I'd say is I agree with the PL member you refer to in the msg but am open to playing again as Betfair is where I'm playing alot of my poker just now. :ok You will never be able to please everyone but very much appreciate all the effort from yourself and Betfair (JT) in finding some good fun/value for the PL members. :clap

Re: Betfair Team Challenge - Feedback concern for me was the varied buy in costs - the majority were $5 but there was a $20 and if you won that its kind of like a golden ticket. Will give more feedback via PM when all the team has had their say. I also appreciate a month can be a long time but I also see that as a forum receiving free prizes we also have to do our bit.

we also have to do our bit.
For sure - it's about finding the right balance - we cant just take, we need to make sure Betfair get what they want/need out of it too. My goal throughout the process has been to try and make sure that the format is positive for Players, PL AND Betfair - if we can get a format that works for everyone then we can get ever increasing value and promos....and then everyone's happy