BBOTD - Thur 10th Sept

fintron

3.10 Doncaster I pity the odds compiler that had to price up The Wetherby's Insurance 300,000 Insurance Stakes race here. With Twenty-two two-year-olds lining up to face the starter, a bit of guesswork must have been involved as so many of these are unexposed. Taajub is understandably the favourite after a fair second at York behind a useful looking Showcasing, however, it is Rakaan that is my selection. Brian Meehan's Bahamian Bounty colt has had six starts, and in that time he has shown that he is perhaps more closely matched with Taajub than the betting suggests. At Newmarket in August he was half a length off Arabian Pride off level weights and, in turn, that rival was two and a quarter lengths off Taajub in a Newmarket maiden at the end of July. Admittedly, the formline indicates that Taajub has the beating of my selection, but this is a bunch of unexposed two year olds and shock bit of improvement could feasibly occur. Rakaan has shown on a couple of occassions he is useful. Although beaten by six and seven lengths in two runs against the classy Canford Cliffs, he was only three parts of a length off Xtension at Ascot in the Group 2 Coventry Stakes - and that piece of form alone entitles him to be shorter than 20/1 for this in my opinion. Many of these have been running in average nurseries and conditions events, and thus Rakaan's form looks strong. The final positive for tomorrow is the jockey booking of Kieren Fallon. The former champ is back with a bang, fired in two winners at this meeting today with his performance on Strike The Deal particularly impressive, and so his booking is another positive for me. 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - Thur 10th Sept 450 Fantasia WIN Back at her best trip after a wholly underwhelming season for her, a chance here to drop down a level and claim some prize money and confidence. She should be the best horse here by a long way and seems the soundest bet on the card. Where have I heard that before? Fantasia to win.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.