** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Laying Football Selections 3 - Life Without Betfair

justbetter

As anyone who read my last thread will be aware I have started being charged the premium rate by Betfair (20% of each week's profit is taken), so I am now leaving Betfair and moving to a combination of betdaq and WBX. Hopefully between them they will have enough liquidity to allow me to continue with the thread over time. Slight change of strategy with this one to hopefully maximise the potential for profit. I will have a constant bank of £1000 and will lay teams using that £1000 as liability. Any money made at the end of each day will be banked. There is no limit to the size of the stake as long as it is covered by the £1000. Hope that is clear, wish me luck...again :hope

Re: Laying Football Selections 3 - Life Without Betfair WBX and Betdaq are ok and just ok - on events like daily racing and outright match odds on football ,grand slam tennis matches etc . The odds are always a touch lower than Betfair and there`s ok liquidity on the above, BUT once you go into place betting, correct scores ,or any other type of market for that fact ,the liquidity is almost zero and when there is any its always a good deal lower to back or higher to lay as theres always a decent gap between the back and lay odds. Give it a good go ,as there will never be any competition if people dont . But I will say I tried both ,and quickly did everything /by whatever means needed, I could to get back to betfair;) Best of luck on the thread as always btw :cheers Sarge :ok

Re: Laying Football Selections 3 - Life Without Betfair Good luck jimmah! Although time consuming, it would be interesting if you kept a record of Betfair's lay price aswell. That way you could see how the difference in lay price (difference in profit) compares to the premium charge, in order to see how much you really gain by moving away from Betfair.

Re: Laying Football Selections 3 - Life Without Betfair That's a good idea. I noticed Betfair were trading at 14 before the game yesterday I think. I use Betfair Live Score to keep check of the scores so it shouldn't be too much extra effort as it shows the Betfair odds. But obviously I won't be around to check every one so I might just make a note of the ones I happen to catch

Re: Laying Football Selections 3 - Life Without Betfair Yeah, I know there are better ones out there but I've been using it (http://www.livescore.betradar.com/?alias=betfair) for years and I guess it's become a habit. Also since I don't really bet in play in doesn't matter if the scores don't come in immediately (it's never more than 30 seconds out so its not too bad). But I should probably stop using it if this truly is life without Betfair...

Re: Laying Football Selections 3 - Life Without Betfair After taking a couple days to cool off after Bohemians got 2 players sent off and lost 2-1 at home to the worst team in the league I decided to take a moment to reflect. My current strategy is clearly only successful if I have a long winning run and, while I know I can make profit this way, I think there are better ways to make money with laying. I've decided to attempt a more solid staking plan and involve some lower odds lays that I was too scared to attempt with a massive bank. The results look promising at the moment though it is very early days. I had 5 lays today with average odds of around 4 and all the bets won. Before going public with it I will monitor its success and if it works well it will appear here in no time :ok Hopefully I'll be back in the not too distant future