** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Romanian Liga 1 29-30/8

Saturday 29 August 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Universitatea Craiova v Gloria Bistrita (16:00 BST) 1.65 3.5 5.5 107.36 %
maximize.gif Ceahlaul PT Neamt v Pandurii Targu Jiu (17:00 BST) 2.3 3.2 3.1 106.99 %
maximize.gif Astra Ploiesti v Rapid Bucuresti (19:30 BST) 4.5 3.4 1.75 108.78 %
Sunday 30 August 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Unirea Alba-Iulia v FC Timisoara (16:00 BST) 5 3.55 1.66 108.41 %
maximize.gif CFR Cluj v Gaz Metan Medias (17:00 BST) 1.25 5 10.5 109.52 %
maximize.gif FC Vaslui v Poli Iasi (18:00 BST) 1.58 3.6 6 107.74 %
maximize.gif Steaua Bucuresti v Dinamo Bucuresti (19:00 BST) 2.3 3.2 3.15 106.47 %

Re: Romanian Liga 1 29-30/8 Otelul Galati vs. Unirea Urziceni I would be grateful for any team news on this match but I have a couple of fancies in this match. Otelul have only scored 1 goal in 4 games this season, against newly promoted International. But they have also only conceded 2 goals in the 4 games. Their last 6 home games have finished under 2.5 goals. Unirea are the champions, and haven't made a too bad start to the season, despite their position. They have lost and drawn to last season's 2nd and 4th placed teams, and won the other 2 against strong opposition. Unirea have only scored 2 goals in their 4 games, yet have only conceded in their opening match. They have a very good away record, having only conceded more than 1 in a match once (against cluj on the first day of this season) since April 2008, and that being their only loss in 8 away games. For these reasons, I think the obvious scorelines are 0-1 and 0-2, at 11/2 and 8/1 respectively, which I will be dutching. Unders is poor at 1.55 - I never back overs/unders less than 1.7, it is too much of a lottery imo. I do think Otelul are slightly under-priced at 3.75 - Unirea need to keep up with the leaders at this early stage and I cannot see them getting anything less than a draw. So in conclusion, my bets are a dutch of 0-1 and 0-2, and a larger lay of Otelul. Although my bets are still not massive, as I am not an expert on Romanian football.

Re: Romanian Liga 1 29-30/8 Final score 1-4 :) I don't have time to write much but I think International are worth a lay - they've lost both home games this season against poor opposition, whereas Brasov are unbeaten in 7 games, stretching back to last season.

Re: Romanian Liga 1 29-30/8 From the Brasov website: The coach of FC Brasov, Viorel Moldovan, wants his team to confirm the Mioveni good form shown by players over the last two stages. "We will have a difficult match at Mioveni. We meet a newly-promoted team, which has in its best players, playing with great enthusiasm and have a good dynamic game. We have to go to ourselves and to win this match. Game not won before. I talked to the players and told them that we must have an enormous desire to win the three points. We have a favorite color and take advantage of it. must confirm the proper time we go through. I do not lose your head you off as we are now in first place. We are just beginning the journey and still have not done anything. The important thing is where we will be in the final. If we grade on a place that will allow us to play in European League would be a great job and our goal should be achieved ", said coach Viorel Moldovan in the press conference Wednesday to FC Brasov. To match the Mioveni, Viorel Moldovan will not be able to rely on defender services Nae Constantine, which is injured.

Re: Romanian Liga 1 29-30/8 Long time no see in the romanian thread for me. Rapid looks good @ 1.75 vs Astra. Despite the losses vs Urziceni and Timisoara both 0-1 Rapid plays the best football so far in Romania IMO. Astra is a newly promoted and cand comit any surprise here. Will go with medium sakes on Rapid. Vaslui just got out of EL after a disastrous 2nd half vs AEK and now they only concentrate on the internal championship. A big investment was made in Vaslui in the last couple years and the results didn't fail to come up. Wesley is the ey player for them, with Gerlem his back up in the middle. Iasi is by far the worst team in Romania and are the main relegation candidates. I could only be put away by the fact that this is a local derby but the value difference in high enough to make me put my money on Valsui. Astra vs Rapid - Rapid @ 1.75 5/10 Vaslui vs Iasi - Valsui @ 1.65 6/10