Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT

aldric

Hi guys, Looks like we have the opportunity to make some betfair points next week for the 'super boost'. I know we are not wanting to go mad trying to earn the betfair points, but are we all happy to play a few of the DoN games or cash games if you prefer to at least get some sort of boost? I am working Monday - Thursday but am off during the days and will be able to play a fair amount. However I won't be able to play Friday pm - Monday as I have some friends coming to visit. I only intend to risk up to say $50 playing these games for the boost, starting with the $5 games and if I bust then thats me done until the tournaments start. I found these games fairly soft before, so hopefully we can all make a bit of a profit. Any thoughts, I know we have discussed this before a bit on PM. Cheers, Aldric

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT

I might have time to play some regular SNGs, will have to see what the traffic is like though. I don't play DoN's and hardly play cash.
The traffic isn't that great, but I am sure you will be able to play a few games :) There is no pressure on anyone to play any SNG's, DoN's or cash, but it will definately help our chances if we can all do a bit.

Provisionally, the schedule for Week 1 will be: Tuesday 1st September: 20:00 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - 6 max - Standard Stacks with Standard Blinds Wednesday 2nd September: 19:00 NLHE Freezeout - $10+$1 - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Thursday 3rd September: 21:00 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - $5+50c Friday 4th September: TBC(Between 20:00 and 21:00) Heads Up NLHE Tournament - $5+50c Saturday 5th September: 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Sunday 6th September: 18:00 NLHE Freezeout - $20+$2 - Deep Starting Stack with Slow Blinds Monday 7th September: 18:35 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Regular Daily Tournament already in schedule
Any volunteers? Anyone any good at PLO? I am not available on 1st, 2nd and I am not very good at PLO on 3rd so will rule myself out for those 3 dates. I 'think' I am available 4th - 7th.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT Hi team Generally my best days are Monday-Thursday and I am on GMT, one hour ahead of UK so 18:00-19:00 UK time start is almost always too early for me due to work and family commitments. I am away on a short holiday Sept 3-6 and as it happens that's in Glasgow! Therefore the only game really that I can play during this 1st week is on Tuesday the 1st. SteveO, is it okay that we swap, I play on Tuesday and you play Wed?

I'll take the Sunday game then too if no one else can fit that one in.
I finish work on the Sunday at 3pm and should be fine to play this one, if thats ok. I am unable to play on Monday 7th as I am due to finish at 5pm and 630pm start is just pushing it as I may well be late home.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT Ok, so thats teh first week of the tourneys pretty much sorted out. Now are we going to try to get some points as well?

By my maths, a $5+50c tourney equates to about 6 Betfair Points ($0.50 = £0.30). For a 6 player team to play $5+50c STTs to get to the targets I think they would need to play something in the region of: 4 STTs per player per day for the team to get to 1000 Points in a week 8 STTs per player per day for the team to get to 2000 Points in a week 12 STTs per player per day for the team to get to 3000 Points in a week If you are playing $10+$1 games, then you need 2, 4 and 6 games per player per day If you are playing $2.50+25c games, then you need to play 8, 16 and 24 games per player per day
How many points between the 4 of us would we be happy with? I also take it we still agree to pay in to the tourney's ourself and keep any winnings, if we are fortunate enough to get any!

Ok, so thats teh first week of the tourneys pretty much sorted out. Now are we going to try to get some points as well? How many points between the 4 of us would we be happy with? I also take it we still agree to pay in to the tourney's ourself and keep any winnings, if we are fortunate enough to get any!
Yes, we pay into tourneys and keep winnings. Should we be lucky enough to finish in the top 2, then winnings split evenly from whats left (after paying John) of the $109 games. Dont have a clue how many points we could achieve or be happy with tbh.... but Ill play a few DoN's this week. I could spend all day on friday easily.....

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT Cheers Steve, I should be available most days, but never a on a Friday and the 5th is the Scotland Macedonia game so thats a definate no no. Havent read all the info on the challenge but I take it points in cash games count for the boosts too?

Cheers Steve, I should be available most days, but never a on a Friday and the 5th is the Scotland Macedonia game so thats a definate no no. Havent read all the info on the challenge but I take it points in cash games count for the boosts too?
Welcome to the team! :ok Yes, cash games count for the boosts. It should be quicker get more points from them as well.

[center']

DATE

PLAYER

Tue 1

st

Sugleh

Wed 2

nd

SteveO

Thu 3

rd

SteveO

Fri 4

th

RB

Sat 5

th

RB

Sun 6

th

Aldric

Mon 7

th

PROPOSED

CONFIRMED

Anyone available on 4th or 5th? Steveo swap the 3rd for one of them if glceod is free on 3rd?

Think Steve0 wants to play the omaha, not that I'm afraid too. Am available any day but the fri and Sat that week.
doh, got that the wrong way around I should have said 2nd! You can have the Sunday game if you like? I can play on Friday and probably Saturday if required.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT I'll do the Sunday if you want a break, but there's no real need to split the games evenly is there? Hope that doesnt sound like I'm just trying to piggy back onto the team! You guys choose what you want to play and if theres anything left bar fri or sat I'll play.

I'll do the Sunday if you want a break, but there's no real need to split the games evenly is there? Hope that doesnt sound like I'm just trying to piggy back onto the team! You guys choose what you want to play and if theres anything left bar fri or sat I'll play.
There isn't any particular need to split the games evenly, but I figured it would be good if we played roughly the same amount. You can play the Sunday instead of me :ok

Welcome aboard Kippe(copy of braveheart and lyrics to FoS in the post). Dont know who our leader is, for what its worth I'm not bothered if its 4,5 or 6 in the team.
lol.... We don't really have a leader, personally I am happy to leave the team open until tomorrow night in case there are any late entrants. Perhaps, due to the new nationalities in the team we should think of a name change?

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team SCOT The play for the boost starts tomorrow, or just after midnight tonight for those who like playing poker at night!! Shifts aren't the best for me this week and I have friends around at the weekend so won't be able to play at all on Saturday - Monday. I will try to play as many DoN's as I can as time permits. I would hope I could play at least 10 each day depending on if I am playing at least break even!! What are everyone elses intentions with regards to earning betfair points? Are we all happy with the name or do we need a change? Do we need a 'captain'? Due to the new members we will need to sort out who is playing next week again.... Im off to work... :sad

The play for the boost starts tomorrow, or just after midnight tonight for those who like playing poker at night!! Shifts aren't the best for me this week and I have friends around at the weekend so won't be able to play at all on Saturday - Monday. I will try to play as many DoN's as I can as time permits. I would hope I could play at least 10 each day depending on if I am playing at least break even!! What are everyone elses intentions with regards to earning betfair points? Are we all happy with the name or do we need a change? Do we need a 'captain'? Due to the new members we will need to sort out who is playing next week again.... Im off to work... :sad
Think we have to aim for at least 2000 Pt's this week which I believe would still allow us to max out assuming we get the 1000 each of the remaining weeks. Intend playing cash for the points, however if I start losing I wont be chasing it.(have found a site with easy games and I'm not telling anyone about it) The names fine as long as we can change it if we aren't doing too well, thought Team England would be suitable if we were embarrassingly bad Captain would be handy if any one wants the responsibility( I don't)