** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York Ebor Meeting - Day 4 - Friday

Re: York Ebor Meeting - Day 4 - Friday They're all from the East End of Glasgow where I live now. I don't know the owners but the local bookies get completely wiped out, friends, family, workers, etc., must be absolutely filling their boots. I hope NC does keep the ride, for me he's the best jockey outwith the mega stables and deserves the chance to compete in the big races. He obviously gets on with the Bastimans, having won recently on Singuer and keeping the ride, who knows. Tough luck on Cosgrave, I can't find anything about his status on the ride. Happy days, a wee swally of buckie tonight and a day out at the footy tomorrow paid for by our old pal!

Re: York Ebor Meeting - Day 4 - Friday

They're all from the East End of Glasgow where I live now. I don't know the owners but the local bookies get completely wiped out, friends, family, workers, etc., must be absolutely filling their boots. I hope NC does keep the ride, for me he's the best jockey outwith the mega stables and deserves the chance to compete in the big races. He obviously gets on with the Bastimans, having won recently on Singuer and keeping the ride, who knows. Tough luck on Cosgrave, I can't find anything about his status on the ride. Happy days, a wee swally of buckie tonight and a day out at the footy tomorrow paid for by our old pal!
:cheers to that

Cheers. Diamond, I wonder if Callan now keeps the ride? Did you hear anything about the jockey switch? I've not read or head anything. Also, was it you that said you lived in the same town as the owners and that whenever Border wins they are all dancing in the street?!!!!
Bastiman was interviewed on Ch4 and says sometimes you just need a change of jockey to maybe see if that can change things and said no disrespect to Cosgrave but they felt Callan may bring about a change of fortunes etc. He didn't say if he would keep the ride but I'm sure he will now, clearly meant a lot to Callan to get a Group 1 win on the horse. The stable lass that led it in was crying tears of joy, great for racing and trainer was overjoyed to win at what he states is his local track, only 8 miles from his stables. I backed Borderlescott time after time in handicaps and felt it was not a genuine Gp 1 performer despite last years win but I am happy to be proven wrong, great little horse and won really well. Well done on the win Wayne and I know its your favourite horse. :clap

Re: York Ebor Meeting - Day 4 - Friday did anyone see the 1st race, can they explain why Johnston let Alcade be the pacemaker for Alanbrooke as the horse led at a very fast pace & then ended up tailed off btn 60L with the jock just easing the horse down. Surely there must have been a stewards on that performance as the horse wasnt entered as a pace setter. Really feel ripped off by this one as Alanbrooke got the pace it obviously needed & only just got beat. Money on Alcade was just a waste Will be thinking twice about Johnstons plans again

Bastiman was interviewed on Ch4 and says sometimes you just need a change of jockey to maybe see if that can change things and said no disrespect to Cosgrave but they felt Callan may bring about a change of fortunes etc. He didn't say if he would keep the ride but I'm sure he will now, clearly meant a lot to Callan to get a Group 1 win on the horse. The stable lass that led it in was crying tears of joy, great for racing and trainer was overjoyed to win at what he states is his local track, only 8 miles from his stables. I backed Borderlescott time after time in handicaps and felt it was not a genuine Gp 1 performer despite last years win but I am happy to be proven wrong, great little horse and won really well. Well done on the win Wayne and I know its your favourite horse. :clap
Yeah, RE the jockey switch that is what I thought, that he just needed a new person on top to freshen things up. Ffrench always used to be the jockey until Cosgrave took over a few years ago, but looks like Callan will ride in the l'Abbaye now and maybe Hong Kong if they go over there. I was just reading a story on Sporting Life saying how popular he is and that one girl even sends him a packet of polos every month. He's getting double supplies this month now. Hats off to Robin Bastiman, I' delighted for him being so local and being in the game forty years :clap