Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast  

1. 1.

• OK Gaz, ya numpty!!
    • Gaz, ya still a numpty!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast Expected schedule next week: Tuesday 8th September: 20:00 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - 6 max - Standard Stacks with Standard Blinds Wednesday 9th September: 19:00 NLHE Freezeout - $10+$1 - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Thursday 10th September: 21:00 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - $5+50c Friday 11th September: TBC(Between 20:00 and 21:00) Heads Up NLHE Tournament - $5+50c Saturday 12th September: 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Sunday 13th September: 18:00 NLHE Freezeout - $20+$2 - Deep Starting Stack with Slow Blinds Monday 7th September: 18:35 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Regular Daily Tournament already in schedule Who can play which days?

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast So what are we going to do about the winnings... Morls brought up a good point when playing his game on betfair today... If we are splitting the profits then surely each team member has to pay the same amount in buy-ins or else it's not fair on the players who play the higher buy-in games. So how can we do this? I'm not sure to be honest. Really want to avoid doing any sort of transfers at the moment so maybe I could just keep track of buy-ins, winnings on a spreadsheet and if any balance goes above $50 then a transfer should be made? Any thoughts?

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast

So what are we going to do about the winnings... Morls brought up a good point when playing his game on betfair today... If we are splitting the profits then surely each team member has to pay the same amount in buy-ins or else it's not fair on the players who play the higher buy-in games. So how can we do this? I'm not sure to be honest. Really want to avoid doing any sort of transfers at the moment so maybe I could just keep track of buy-ins, winnings on a spreadsheet and if any balance goes above $50 then a transfer should be made? Any thoughts?
In hindsight, we really should have discussed this more before the start of the challenge. I agree that the buy-ins should be equalized in some way. If my tournie the other day had been a $5 instead of $20, then my prize would have been $30 instead of $120, so it makes a big difference. We should reach a decision very soon. Maybe we should just keep the winnings from this month, as suggested in the start of the thread. Or we could go with some "limit", like $50, as mentioned. I'm not sure really. The only thing i'm sure of is that the longer this month goes on, the harder it will be to make a "fair" decision :(

So what are we going to do about the winnings... Morls brought up a good point when playing his game on betfair today... If we are splitting the profits then surely each team member has to pay the same amount in buy-ins or else it's not fair on the players who play the higher buy-in games. So how can we do this? I'm not sure to be honest. Really want to avoid doing any sort of transfers at the moment so maybe I could just keep track of buy-ins, winnings on a spreadsheet and if any balance goes above $50 then a transfer should be made? Any thoughts?
We are splitting overall Team Profit proportionatly to how much each player has paid into the Tournament part of Competition. If the team doesn't make an overall profit then their is no transfers of monies and the individuals who cashed would benefit, also the individual winners benefit slighty bette than those that haven't cashed - which I think seems fair. I'll send Gaz (email addy required) the spreadsheet later and he can let you have a look

We are splitting overall Team Profit proportionatly to how much each player has paid into the Tournament part of Competition. If the team doesn't make an overall profit then their is no transfers of monies and the individuals who cashed would benefit, also the individual winners benefit slighty bette than those that haven't cashed - which I think seems fair. I'll send Gaz (email addy required) the spreadsheet later and he can let you have a look
Sounds very reasonable to me, i'll vote for this

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast Regarding the splitting money.... I think it is fair that we do split it as thats what the poll was for and if I remember rightly (before messing about with the poll), there were 3 votes for splitting and 0 votes for keeping money to ourselves. I will take a look at VoJ's spreadsheet tonight.... it deffo looks like the fairest option as he's outlined above :ok

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast I also agree that VoJ's approach for dividing costs/winning seems fair for the qualifying team games. It has my vote too. Not sure about the second part of this competition though. When we end up in top 2 teams and get the big games, I think an even split of profits would be best of that part.

I also agree that VoJ's approach for dividing costs/winning seems fair for the qualifying team games. It has my vote too. Not sure about the second part of this competition though. When we end up in top 2 teams and get the big games, I think an even split of profits would be best of that part.
An even split seems natural to me as well, during October we will not put up any of our own money, so no reason not to split winnings equally :ok

An even split seems natural to me as well' date=' during October we will not put up any of our own money, so no reason not to split winnings equally :ok[/quote'] After thinking about it some more I switched my preference for the big games. See opening post of this thread Hope everyone will write their preference and I'll add everyones choice in the first post (not trusting Gaz anymore with standard voting mechanism :loon)

After thinking about it some more I switched my preference for the big games. See opening post of this thread Hope everyone will write their preference and I'll add everyones choice in the first post (not trusting Gaz anymore with standard voting mechanism :loon)
Option B does sound a good idea but I think you are forgetting that Kevsul is now a member of our team aswell. (He is just offline atm and should be back with us v soon.)... That would mean the %'s will reduce so because of that I'm going to stick with Option A. :ok

Option B does sound a good idea but I think you are forgetting that Kevsul is now a member of our team aswell. (He is just offline atm and should be back with us v soon.)... That would mean the %'s will reduce so because of that I'm going to stick with Option A. :ok
Oops sorry kevsul :$ Changed %'s on option b. Thanks for sharing your preference Gaz :ok

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Northeast Sorry Guys This guy been at it all night and is a loose cannon, called knowing i was ahead and shafted on the river ***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 573558386 ***** NL Texas Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $0.50 Entry Fee, Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) - Tuesday, September 08, 19:36:56 GMT 2009 $5+$0.50 NL Hold'em #275987 Table 6 6-max (Real Money) Seat 5 is the button Total number of active players : 6 Seat 1: morlspin ( 1,348.76 ) Seat 2: seapigeon ( 3,363.75 ) Seat 3: jannesally ( 6,033.15 ) Seat 4: Sqg ( 3,750 ) Seat 5: bacetto ( 4,787.84 ) Seat 6: RobDroy ( 827.50 ) Tourney Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) RobDroy posts small blind [25] morlspin posts big blind [50] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to morlspin [ Jc, Qc ] seapigeon folds jannesally folds Sqg folds bacetto raises to [175] RobDroy folds morlspin calls [125] ** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, Td, Qh ] morlspin checks bacetto goes all-in bacetto bets [4,612.84] morlspin calls [1,173.76] morlspin goes all-in Returning uncalled bet [3,439.08] to bacetto ** Showdown ** morlspin shows [ Jc, Qc ] bacetto shows [ Ah, Kh ] ** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ] ** Dealing River ** [ Jd ] ** Hand Conclusion ** bacetto wins 2,722.52 from main pot with a straight, Ace to Ten

Sorry Guys This guy been at it all night and is a loose cannon, called knowing i was ahead and shafted on the river ***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 573558386 ***** NL Texas Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $0.50 Entry Fee, Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) - Tuesday, September 08, 19:36:56 GMT 2009 $5+$0.50 NL Hold'em #275987 Table 6 6-max (Real Money) Seat 5 is the button Total number of active players : 6 Seat 1: morlspin ( 1,348.76 ) Seat 2: seapigeon ( 3,363.75 ) Seat 3: jannesally ( 6,033.15 ) Seat 4: Sqg ( 3,750 ) Seat 5: bacetto ( 4,787.84 ) Seat 6: RobDroy ( 827.50 ) Tourney Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) RobDroy posts small blind [25] morlspin posts big blind [50] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to morlspin [ Jc, Qc ] seapigeon folds jannesally folds Sqg folds bacetto raises to [175] RobDroy folds morlspin calls [125] ** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, Td, Qh ] morlspin checks bacetto goes all-in bacetto bets [4,612.84] morlspin calls [1,173.76] morlspin goes all-in Returning uncalled bet [3,439.08] to bacetto ** Showdown ** morlspin shows [ Jc, Qc ] bacetto shows [ Ah, Kh ] ** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ] ** Dealing River ** [ Jd ] ** Hand Conclusion ** bacetto wins 2,722.52 from main pot with a straight, Ace to Ten
Pretty Sick hitting the two pair ..... :sad