Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17

2009-aug-15
16:00 Hammarby IF - IF Elfsborg :void(0)'>3,30 :void(0)'>3,35 :void(0)'>2,10 +3
16:00 Kalmar FF - Gefle IF :void(0)'>1,50 :void(0)'>4,00 :void(0)'>6,25 +3
2009-aug-16
12:30 IFK Göteborg - Helsingborgs IF :void(0)'>1,85 :void(0)'>3,40 :void(0)'>4,10 +3
17:00 IF Brommapojkarna - Trelleborgs FF :void(0)'>2,20 :void(0)'>3,25 :void(0)'>3,15 +3
2009-aug-17
19:00 Gais - Örgryte IS :void(0)'>2,25 :void(0)'>3,20 :void(0)'>3,10 +3
19:00 Halmstads BK - AIK :void(0)'>2,95 :void(0)'>3,20 :void(0)'>2,35 +3
19:00 Malmö FF - BK Häcken :void(0)'>1,85 :void(0)'>3,40 :void(0)'>4,10 +3
19:00 Örebro - Djurgårdens IF :void(0)'>1,70 :void(0)'>3,50 :void(0)'>4,90 +3
from unibet

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 Early thoughts: If you're looking for an upset then Ögryte would be a good pick. GAIS is still down and Ögryte looks better and better. Last time they were a bit unlucky to loose agaist Göteborg. Remember that this is a derby and the two team share the same arena. Malmö should win. Malmö took a good victory away to Trelleborg and get Ricardo back from suspention. Häcken has played well but they will come up short this time around. Göteborg should also win. Helsingborg fights bravely but they are missing to many players. So...Ögryte single and Malmö/Göteborg in a dubble.

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 As a Malmö supporter I can say that the defense is looking really solid. Never felt this way in the last 5 years with Dahlin in goal. 4 straight games without conceding a goal pretty much says it all. We are looking at a 2-0 or 1-0 victory here in what "should" be an easy game. No team has come to Malmö Arena so far and put up a good fight. We have always been the dominating side, except for the game vs Kalmar.

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 I expect quite a few draws in this rather unpredictable round. Orebro and Elfsborg feel like the surest picks in my book. As usual you can visit this Allsvenskan Preview for some rundowns of suspensions and a few predictions: Allsvenskan Round 19 Preview Good luck. If you have any specific question, I'd be happy answer and if I don't have the answer I'll see if can't find the info you need.

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17

I expect quite a few draws in this rather unpredictable round. Orebro and Elfsborg feel like the surest picks in my book. As usual you can visit this Allsvenskan Preview for some rundowns of suspensions and a few predictions: Allsvenskan Round 19 Preview Good luck. If you have any specific question, I'd be happy answer and if I don't have the answer I'll see if can't find the info you need.
I must say that your blog is amazing:loon. Bookies are giving pretty good odds for Elfsborg. Mine gives 2.02. Any reasons why they are doing this?

I must say that your blog is amazing:loon. Bookies are giving pretty good odds for Elfsborg. Mine gives 2.02. Any reasons why they are doing this?
I'd guess that it has something to do with Elfsborg having their europa league playoff game away to Lazio on the 20th so that might affect the lineup and tactics. A draw wouldn't be a bad result for them considering their less than impressive away form.

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 I think Keliot is absolutely right when he says it's about away form. That's the main reason for the high odds. As for lineup - Elfsborg will surely go with the best possible. They will go for the full three points and will not be as cautious as they usually are when playing away from home. They need all the points they can get to stay in the title race. That being said, they do underperform away from home. They've only won one game on natural grass (their home field is artificial turf). The two away games they've played on astroturf they've won. So that's the reason right there. Horrible away form on natural grass. Still, my sense is still that Elfsborg desperately wants a win after a couple of bad games and they will fight hard to win against a Hammarby side that has shown questionable form lately and have lost the past two home games. But remember, it's Allsvenskan. Anything can happen where only the most daring punters fear to tread. That's why the odds are so juicy most of the time! edit: Chances are their HEADS will already be in the Lazio game as Keliot mentioned, because if one looks at their supporters it's as if the game against Hammarby doesn't even exist. They're completely focused on the upcoming Lazio fight. It would be folly for the players and coach to share that focus, but perhaps they do. Well worth noting at least.

SportFootball (Sweden)
EventBrommapojkarna vs Trelleborgs
SelectionTrelleborgs (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date16/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.35 (Lay)
ReasoningBoth teams were defeated in the last round, Bromma lost 2-1 away at AIK which was a good effort whereas Trelleborgs lost 2-0 at home to Malmo. Its worth noting Trelleborgs have won just 1 game on the road this season and that was at 2nd bottom side GAIS. Brommapojkarna's home record is not fantastic but it is far more solid than the visitor's away record and a recent 2-1 victory over Halmstad shows they are in good enough fettle. I can easily see a home win or a draw here and I'm happy to lay Trelleborgs at this price.

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 Hey guys great thread! I'm clueless about the Allsvenskan but the odds recently have been so tempting that i've really taken a liking to watching the games. Bit of a glory hunter me but i really like Kalmar. They got some decent players and i like their attacking style but i was surprised to see them lose and draw in the last two games. Hopefully tonight will be exciting as well. And DCAIK your blog is absolutely fantastic! Is there anyway i could possibly subscribe to it? I love your previews.

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 Orebro vs. Djurgarden news: Djurgarden will go to Orebro without their striker Matias Jonson, who is injured yet again. He is in many ways the heart of the team and the only person that seem to be able to get some spirit out of this team whenever he's on the pitch. His absence will be a significant problem for DIF. (Milic, Mwila, Wahlstrom also out, but that's nothing new.) Orebro's goalie Alvbage spent the night at the hospital as his wife gave birth to a baby boy, but he'll be on the field for the game regardless. Orebro will play without one of their top players Anttonen, but other than that their team looks strong and ready to go Easy win for Orebro. btw: Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I'm sure there's a way to follow the blog via blogger.com or something, but I'll make sure to post a link to my previews whenever I post them so you can always find it here.

Orebro vs. Djurgarden news: Djurgarden will go to Orebro without their striker Matias Jonson, who is injured yet again. He is in many ways the heart of the team and the only person that seem to be able to get some spirit out of this team whenever he's on the pitch. His absence will be a significant problem for DIF. (Milic, Mwila, Wahlstrom also out, but that's nothing new.) Orebro's goalie Alvbage spent the night at the hospital as his wife gave birth to a baby boy, but he'll be on the field for the game regardless. Orebro will play without one of their top players Anttonen, but other than that their team looks strong and ready to go Easy win for Orebro. btw: Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I'm sure there's a way to follow the blog via blogger.com or something, but I'll make sure to post a link to my previews whenever I post them so you can always find it here.
Thanks for precious news :ok

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 GAIS - Örgryte GAIS Injuries / suspensions: Richard Ekunde (important defender) Starting line-up: Dime Jankulovski - Jonas Lundén, Fredrik Lundgren, Calum Angus, Kenneth Gustafsson - Eyjólfur Hédinsson, Tommy Lycén - Wanderson, Romarinho, Mattias Lindström - Pär Ericsson. Keep your eye on: Wanderson (18matches / 9goals). Such a ball of talent. Fast and technical. But have had it difficult in the latter part of summer. Not quite as obvious as before. But wow, so international he is when he is the best. And then shot ability - even there, there are few players in the country that match. Örgryte Injuries / suspensions: Pavel Zavadil (very important midfielder), Alessandro Perreira , Jonathan Lindström , Johan Sjöberg . Starting line-up: Bengt Andersson - Robin Jonsson, Dennis Jonsson, David Leiner, Roy Miller - Nicolas Sandberg, Alexander Mellqvist, Sebastian Johansson, Björn Anklev - Álvaro Santos, Marcus Allbäck. I think GAIS odds is very good. GAIS (-0,25) odds: 1,95

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 Örebro - Djurgarden Örebro Injuries / suspensions: Patrik Anttonen (important defender) , Tommy Wirtanen. Starting line-up: John Alvbåge - Alejandro Bedoya, Michael Almebäck, Magnus Wikström, Samuel Wowoah - Fredrik Nordback, Magnus Kihlberg, Nordin Gerzic - Eric Bassombeng, Kim Olsen, Roni Porokara. Keep your eye on: Roni Porokara. Tempo Stark and willpower humans. International players who go straight to the goal and with a style that is all the more entertaining in a fast artificial. Djurgården Injuries / suspensions: Boyd Mwila (ST) , Hrvoje Milic (ST). Undecided: Mattias Jonson (ST). Starting line-up: Dembo Touray - Kebbe Ceesay, Toni Kuivasto, Markus Johannesson, Jan Tauern - Sebastian Rajalakso, Mikael Dahlberg, Daniel Sjölund, Yosif Ayuba, Mattias Jonson, Johan Oremo. Örebro looked strong at Olympia last here and waiting to say the least, inferior opposition. I hope Örebro win on artificial grass. Örebro (-0,75) odds: 1,80

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 I were not worth something. Why does Djurgarden team in this season so badly? They could be capable of much more with these players. (Touray, Sjölund, Dahlberg, Oremo, Rajalasko... all value players) What do you believe about him?

Re: Swedish Allsvenskan Aug 15-17 It's not an easy question to answer why Djurgarden have failed so badly this year. But I think most of the players you mention are capable of playing well... When they are part of a working team that has confidence and the right playing style for their individual strengths. Djurgarden is very poorly coached by Jeglertz and the team has a few players that really have no place in Allsvenskan (Tauer, Haginge, Yussef, Johannesson). When you have a team with significant weak links it makes the entire team bad. Then that in turn creates lower self-confidence and the players don't trust their own abilities. Even the good ones begin to struggle. Then when you have a lack of leadership in the squad and on the bench it makes things even worse. Some of the players, like Touray, Oremo and Rajalakso are also a bit overrated in my opinion. They have done fine in the past, but they are not really true class players. Sjolund and Dahlberg are on the other hand good players who are just in a very bad team and they suffer for it. That's my view.