Best bet of the day - Sat 1st Aug

3.40 Goodwood I've been looking forward to this race all year. Twenty eight runners line up to contest the Stewards Cup, a class 2 heritage handicap run over six furlongs, worth just over £62k to the winner. We saw today in the 2.45 sprint that the high numbers were the place to be and again, here, I think that is where the pace is likely to come from, with Dandy Nicholls saddling up several likely leaders, such as Buachaill Donna and Striking Spirit, whilst Tamagin and Thebes may also help force the pace from over that side. As a result, I think it will pay to come from off the pace on that far side, and Jimmy Styles is my selection. This was my ante-post selection for the Wokingham and he let his followers down with flat display. Prior to that he had been in great form, winning a fair handicap at Newmarket, and still looking on the upgrade at five. He could only finish mid-division in the Wokingham and finished behind several of these when fifth last time out at Windsor, but the key thing for me hear is the headgear, which may eek out a little bit more improvement. He is six pounds higher than his last win but may still have a little bit more improvement to come and I think his tactical versatility should help here, if handling the undulating track. EW.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 1st Aug 3.15 DONCASTER ICELANDIC 2PTS WIN SUPER NAP Looks like all systems go for this one today. Will love the soft ground the heavier the better last win came at the track over 6f and after a sound run lto should be very hard to beat as long as the ground doesn't dry out it will probably get pulled out if it does. Really fancy this one:hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.