U.S.A v Mexico

Surely the value has to be on Mexico today??? I'm aware that they haven't beaten the U.S. on their soil in over 10 years. Tonight the U.S. are fielding a changed lineup to the one that played the semi final. It is a youthful side. Mexico are still able to make use of their full squad, including Carlos Vela and Giovanni Dos Santos.

Re: U.S.A v Mexico Mexico were dreaful against Costa Rica. I'll be really surprised if they win tonight. Giovanni Dos Santos is so over-rated. They're fortunate to still be here because the Costa Rican lad up front was all over their defence towards the end. The home turf could just prove to be the difference in my eyes even though USA have a changed line-up.

Re: U.S.A v Mexico The fans will play a huge part. The Mexico vs Costa Rica game was so hostile. People throwing stuff onto the pitch and intimadating the players. Be good to see how the US young lads react. I'm staying away from this one. Could be a cracker of a game or an absolute bore draw.

Re: U.S.A v Mexico A draw would be pleasant. I think this US team is actually getting much better. Im not saying that just because of the Cofed Cup, but the talent is there. Tim Howard has played spectacular. Brad Guzan is actually also a really good keeper, hes our backup. Youll see him one day playing with Aston Villa and actually played really well in the Peace Cup Finals today Donovan has looked much better. I thought he played pretty well against Barcelona last night and ive watched a bit of him this year and think hes improving. Expect this guy to be loaned to somewhere in Europe at the end of the MLS season. Then there are other guys, they are getting noticed by the European teams. Oneywu for example. Sorry to be hyping up this team, but I think this team is better then for example the 2006 World Cup team

Re: U.S.A v Mexico

Sorry to be hyping up this team, but I think this team is better then for example the 2006 World Cup team
you are not hyping up, USA squad is strong and have a very good level, but if you analyze them, they play always the same, strong defensive back and heavy counterattacking, that's how they understand the game, that's how they practica and that's how they are mastering it. Landon Donovan is Mexico public enemy #1, and he posses great quality and with his words will heat up the match, and will be an intense, fierce match in August 12, but I don't see Mexico lossing in Azteca Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: U.S.A v Mexico ive got an insane feeling about this one. Mexico is just not as good right now as they usually are. Go US! Only problem is that Mexico being good isnt our only problem. The altitude, the fans, the smog, and the heat, and the game being played at 3PM local time is bullshit also.

Re: U.S.A v Mexico alex is right, the US played their domestic MLS/US team. I would go as far as to say that was not even their B team. That was the first time that team was put together and played together, I can assure you the more experienced side wont let the game slip after one bogus PK call. (and dont try to argue that point because the referee admitted to it afterwards) The US has a better team on the field but I think Mexico has the advantage due to various reasons, one that pops into my mind is that Bob Bradley is clueless when it comes to tactics.

Re: U.S.A v Mexico

Indeed August 12th will be nothing like this match' date=' I don't expect Mexico to loss, Mexico has never lost to USA on Azteca Stadium.[/quote'] I don't watch the match, but I watched the resume and the goals, and Mexico victory was more incidental due to a late goal, but as forseen time ago Mexico didn't lost in Azteca, yes they win, but was more clearly pointing to a draw, and well late goals happens.