Best bet of the Day - Saturday 25/7/09

3.50 Ascot The Abu Dhabi International Heritage Handicap is the main handicap of the day and from this twenty-two runner strong field I prefer the claims of Dohasa the most. Ger Lyons brings two runners over from Ireland and this gelding is due to be ridden by Kevin Latham, successful up at Thirsk when riding for Pat Morris today. The horse is one of the highest-rated runners in the field here, running off 109, 1 lb below the top-weight, but he is a classy type that has held his own in Group company this season when second to the useful Mad About You at the Curragh in April. The third, Kargali, came out of that race and won at listed level since, which boosts the form, and Dohasa himself again ran another huge race in Group company when last seen, going down by just a neck to Duff, a horse I have a lot of respect for after some top-class all-weather romps around Christmas time. Dohasa had the likes of Aidan O'Brien's Georgebernardshaw and Jim Bolger's Three Rocks (subsequent Group 3 winner) behind - it stacks up to be solid group form and as a result I have no doubt he can run to a 109 rating here. Dohaha's last win in handicap company came at Dundalk last season when he won off 4 lb lower, but his recent form suggests he can bridge the 4 lb gap and there is every chance he will get the race run to suit here. The Mark Johnston pair Crackdown and Thebes should ensure a good pace from the centre stalls and Roaring Forte and Horatio Carter will also ensure they go at a pace from the high numbers. In stall 14 inbetween, Dohasa is well positioned to capitalise off a strong pace, and I think the price on offer tonight is too good to be missed bearing in mind those two aforementioned pieces of group form came over this trip and he is better on firmer ground than soft. EW.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Saturday 25/7/09 1.35 ASCOT- BOMBER COMMAND 1PT E/W SUPER NAP I know its a ladies race and may seem strange to go SN on but i do really fancy this horse to bounce back to form and be in the shake up. Should be around 16's which i think is super value for a horse that has finished 2nd & 3rd the two previous years in this off 76 & 78 and is on a mark of only 68 today! Has been running poorly of late but has bounced back in the past and i would i assume has been trained for another tilt at this. Not a trainer i'm fussed on but simply can't overlook this horse today who has a big chance and i really think will be hard to keep out of the frame and i give this a big e/w shout.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.