Racing post

Re: Racing post The previous winners section is now apart of the subscription fee which is a bit of a pain for me . I do have a copy of RACING TRENDS from 2008 and together with my previous posts on PL it means i'll have to spend a bit more time on each race but i'm hopeful the ATR website will help and i'll be on there a bit more. Thankfully i can still search individuals past form [ so far] which is a plus.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Racing post

The previous winners section is now apart of the subscription fee which is a bit of a pain for me . I do have a copy of RACING TRENDS from 2008 and together with my previous posts on PL it means i'll have to spend a bit more time on each race but i'm hopeful the ATR website will help and i'll be on there a bit more. Thankfully i can still search individuals past form [ so far] which is a plus.
JTw, i noticed the same problem at the weekend, but i normally only cover races i have done previously although this year i wanted a crack at Goodwood, i will probably use ATR as well :ok

Re: Racing post Cannot understand why anyone would pay for this. We always preach that the best information you can get is free right here on PL so why pay for opinions of others, whether it be a tipping service or Racing Post. In terms of factual information on RP, you can still access the majority of it for free such as racecard and form. The bits you are paying for, in the main, are their views (call them 'tips' if you like) such as:

• Spotlights
  • Postdata
  • RPR
  • Topspeed
  • Post race analysis

A complete waste of £7.50 (or whatever they are charging).

Ever since i havent been able to use there info i've made more money. Only things i'd like to have a look at are the top speed and the trainer/jockey record at that course.
Agree. It's because you are trusting your 'own' judgement rather than someone elses:ok Regarding Topspeed & RPR, you can still see these for their last 6 races. On the racecard, go to OR and then hover over the official rating for the particular horse / race in question and it will tell you both the Topspeed & RPR;)

Re: Racing post I do not feel it will last.. they have tried over the last 6 months change the site around, but imo have just screwed it up, the stats are less now as you use to be able to a little right u of the horse's history. pay for this pay for that...next they will be bringing back tax on gambling

Re: Racing post I value their race analysis but only because I don't get to see every race. That is relying on someone else's opinion again though and I'd rather call it how I see it as I usually do when creating lists of horses to follow. I've just had a look at ATR site and Sporting Life and might use these from now on. They want £7.50 a month to access certain features and then another £9.50 for their tipping which is an absolute joke. I can't see anyone paying for a tipping section.

I can't see anyone paying for a tipping section.
I'm not so sure on that. Personally, I wouldn't pay for anyone's tips (or take much notice of them) but it is a fact that lots of punters do. I recall reading an article recently - not in Racing Post - that Derek Thompson, the TV commentator, runs a tipping service that runs up the most enormous losses, and clearly didn't even involve "inside" information as a number of the losers included odds on favourites that anyone could have picked, yet apparently countless people do subscribe to it! I recall the article went on to state that very few newspaper tipsters make profits, but that the significant exception was one of the Racing Post Pricewise Extra tipsters - I may recall wrongly, but I'm pretty sure it was Tom Segal who had achieved this for several years. If that's true, and people have been following his tips for free, then I suspect a proportion of such people who have profited in the past will agree to pay for the service. From a personal viewpoint, I will subscribe to the standard members information, as I find the post-race analysis very helpful, and I certainly make a lot more than £7-50 per month from using it. It's certainly not the only information I use, but it definitely helps me stay profitable and £7-50 can be recouped in in the very first bet where I use it to my advantage.

Re: Racing post I have to sign up. Not interested at all in ratings or their analysis but I do need plenty of things that have become "members club".... "Selections" - who has been tipped and where. This can be helpful when deciding when to back my selection the night before or wait until the morning. "Prev winners" - always handy. You can find the races the long way round but the "prev winners" button makes it easier. When looking at a particular horse, "Relatives", "Stats", "Sales" and "Quotes" are all part of the members club as well, and I cannot live without those. To be fair, the paper isn't free so I'm surprised it's taken so long for them to charge. If the site runs smoothly I'm happy to pay for the above.

Re: Racing post I've got a slighty different take on it........ I don't mind paying the 7.50........less than two quid a week. I spend that on a coffee........ And i suppose if you are considering paying 20 a month for RUK, then RP plus RUK on-line for less than 20 quid is probably a good deal, though I wouldn't want to watch my racing on the computer.......... What's going through my mind is the amount of time I spend on the RP site, diligently researching group and listed races, trends and previous winners etc..........well blimey, it's got to the point where I'm spending all my time doing this and not getting round to looking at todays racing. I've gotta change my habits............and not signing up might force me to review how I allocate my time. Perhaps I might just give up the research, which has become my hobby, and take up trying to pick winners..............:lol If you're mainly interested in group races you can access lists of previous winners with links to RP results on wiki...........though presumably from now those links won't include the banned features, RPR, race analysis etc.

Re: Racing post I can't believe the quotes section next to the live reporter is under "tipping" yet all other previous quotes are under "members area". I was going to register but that has really annoyed me. I think the quotes on the day are really valuable and you can read between the lines from what the trainers say. I'd be willing to pay £10 a month if I got everything for that, I want information, not their tips and how do trainer quotes fall under "tipping"? :@ I like the RP paper and website but can't help feel they are taking the p!ss and want to charge over the odds for everything, I've expected to pay for it for a while but I won't pay an extra £9 for quotes. I've tried using Sporting Life and ATR sites but they are inferior in my opinion and not as in depth. Still trying to decide what to do regarding membership. :wall

Re: Racing post We should get one membership on here and pass it round! N'ah, they'd prob cotton on with hundreds on IP addresses using it, but I didn't know that about quotes falling under tipping, I like to read them too, and sales figures.

Re: Racing post I've had a look at the RP 'Betting Site' that you can open from a link on the main page. There's a few things still free on there........... If you look at the card prior to racing you get the Diomed spotlights and Betting forecast. If you hover over a horses name on a racecard you get a little pop up with the last six races including RPR figures If you look at night under Results you still get the Race Analysis........but at some point (midnight ?) it all disappears and tomorrow's cards come up. I suppose if you were interested in a small number of races you could copy and paste the race anaysis onto your computer and build up your own library.

Re: Racing post I got a bit of a question for anyone that knows, i like to print out racing posts form printouts they used to charge 20p for these if i purchase a membership do i still have to pay 20p aswell for the printout or is it included

Re: Racing post Yeah, I realise that Billy. But I'd already paid money into the account (before the new membership started) to watch races at 20p a time, so might as well use that up first. The point I was making to Chris was that they didn't refund my balance when I became a paying member under the new system, and I still have to fork out the 20p each time :ok

Re: Racing post I think £7.50 is too much, esp for a person/s opinion on a race/s I'd like to see a package, say RP + RUK for £9.99 a month i'd go for that, I'd also like to see downloadable races, so I can study at my leisure. as for the site going slow, I use firefox for RP site, it's a lot better then IE, I do use IE for other sites. also if I did pay this amount a month to be a "member" would I get an AD free service?? all the best Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Racing post Noticed a couple of new things on the Life site.......... They've started putting a link to 'last years winner' at the bottom of each race and a 'History' link in the top right corner which links to the last few runnings of the race..... Not much I know, but at least they're improving the site....... Have you noticed any new features on any of the other sites as they try to poach RP viewers ?

Noticed a couple of new things on the Life site.......... They've started putting a link to 'last years winner' at the bottom of each race
Aah..........dear old Sporting life...........they just can't get it right. :lol They've got 'Ruby Tallulah' as the winner of last years 5F Nursery at Lingfield and also the following 6F Maiden Fillies race 'Expensive Art' apparently won last years 6F handicap then turned out half an hour later to win the 7F handicap. I know these AW types run a lot, but...............:loon