Jump horses on the flat

as its fairly quiet day, i mentioned this the other week with the likes of Gloucester, Where's Susie & Caoba all making fun of thier low flat rating to win on the level after a good jumps campaign. Toshi then did the same the other night. Markington did the same today for Bowen & returned 8/1 Might be something in this to follow, i am not sure where we can get the stats from as i am obviously only pointing out the winners & not the losers that are bound to be around also. anyone ever looked at this?

Re: Jump horses on the flat Markington followed up its recent win today in better company. I need to look into this as i think this is becoming more & more common with the year round jump/flat game we now have. billy, i have the Timeform book & of those quoted in there, only 1 has run to date & obliged on last outing at 7/1. I intend to try to remember these from now on & highlight any others. Billy, I assume your comment refers to one of Jim Best's horses mentioned? :ok

Re: Jump horses on the flat The timeform ones will be shown in Bold print. One i noted for tomorrow that i have seen run before is: 5.15 Lingfield - WHERES SUSIE - Only 1lb higher than winning mark at Bath last month. Was rated 105 over hurdles & won a maiden hurdle at Fontwell in April. Didnt cope wiht 5lb rise last time (4th at Bath btn 3.5L) & lowered 4lb for this run.

Re: Jump horses on the flat

The last at Ascot yesterday was full of jumps horses... Great to see the old boy Carachiolla winning :)
Those 2M+ races always will be i suppose, but i am trying to pick up on those who enter 1m 3f+ to take advantage of a very low handicap rating. I am not after dual purpose horses as i know there are a few of those around. Think trainers have cottoned onto the fact they can get prize money on thier horses once the jumps season has ended & keep them fresh.

Oh' date=' I get you now mate. Thats an interesting though. A little bit like a chaser running over hurdles at a far lower rating I guess....?[/quote'] yes, i also look out for that as some have very low hurdles or chase ratings compared with thier normal routine. As ever though, bound to miss a few as we go along! If anyone notices any, please help me by posting them in here :ok

Markington followed up its recent win today in better company. I need to look into this as i think this is becoming more & more common with the year round jump/flat game we now have. billy, i have the Timeform book & of those quoted in there, only 1 has run to date & obliged on last outing at 7/1. I intend to try to remember these from now on & highlight any others. Billy, I assume your comment refers to one of Jim Best's horses mentioned? :ok
I had noticed Bowen had only sent this horse, think it was the longest traveller too, it was 7lb out of the handicap and apparently also 3lb overweight so a great effort today.

I had noticed Bowen had only sent this horse' date=' think it was the longest traveller too, it was 7lb out of the handicap and apparently also 3lb overweight so a great effort today.[/quote'] quote from sportinglife in thier build up Markington races off the same mark here as when taking a Doncaster apprentice handicap, and it would be no surprise to see him in the shake up. A winless run hitherto had seen him slide down the handicap, but he looked to have progressed during the winter, when he collected a couple of handicap hurdles Note that W A Carson took a handy 5lb off though despite the overweight.

quote from sportinglife in thier build up Markington races off the same mark here as when taking a Doncaster apprentice handicap, and it would be no surprise to see him in the shake up. A winless run hitherto had seen him slide down the handicap, but he looked to have progressed during the winter, when he collected a couple of handicap hurdles Note that W A Carson took a handy 5lb off though despite the overweight.
My initial thoughts were that I was put off by it being 7lb out of the handicap. On reflection he had sent one horse the furthest distance knowing it had that to contend with so must have been confident of it grabbing some win or place money and had the 5lb claimer on board. I had pointed it out and then changed my mind, main bet was Mr Crystal with smaller saver on Inchpast which was going to be Markington. :wall