** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June )

Saturday 13 June 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Botafogo-RJ v Santos FC (22:30 BST) 2.4 3.4 2.9 105.56 %
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v EC Santo André (22:30 BST) 1.5 3.9 6.5 107.69 %
maximize.gif Sport Club do Recife v Atlético Paranaense (22:30 BST) 1.85 3.55 4.75 103.28 %
Sunday 14 June 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v Clube Náutico Capibaribe (20:00 BST) 1.7 3.6 5.2 105.83 %
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v Flamengo (20:00 BST) 2.75 3.25 2.45 107.95 %
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v Grêmio FBPA (20:00 BST) 2.3 3.3 3.3 104.08 %
maximize.gif Goiás EC v SC Corinthians (20:00 BST) 2.2 3.25 3.6 104.00 %
maximize.gif Grêmio Barueri v Avaí FC (22:30 BST) 2 3.25 3.8 107.09 %
maximize.gif Palmeiras v Cruzeiro EC (22:30 BST) 2.25 3.3 3 108.08 %
maximize.gif SC Internacional v EC Vitória (22:30 BST) 1.65 3.6 6.5 103.77 %

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) that's ok about the odds bagzi but let's keep the game conversations to the day of the match or 36 hours before. No earlier discussions here, let's keep it to MSN and private messages. I don't want the bookies dropping our odds before we steak our bets, and that doesn't apply only to the asian lines, 1x2 too! :ok

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June )

that's ok about the odds bagzi but let's keep the game conversations to the day of the match or 36 hours before. No earlier discussions here' date=' let's keep it to MSN and private messages. I don't want the bookies dropping our odds before we steak our bets, and that doesn't apply only to the asian lines, 1x2 too! :ok[/quote'] I agree mate:ok

Are goias a good call?' date=' knocking around at about 2.2..know corinthians have a big game coming up on wed, are they likely to rest players with this in mind?[/quote'] In my mind I have Corinthians DNB at @2.62 (sportingbet), the odds are just good to be true! Yeah, Corinthians will rest some players, as it always been in Copa do Brazil but they have very good substitutes who are capable of covering first team players...That is only my opinion mate:ok

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) My calls until now:

Botafogo VS Santos (asian line) Santos +(0, 0.5) Current odd: 1,72 Anything above 1,42 is value. since the odds came out they didn't dropp too much 'til now Sao paolo VS Santo andre (asian line) Sao paolo -1 Current odd: 1,87 Anything above 1,81 is value. since the odds came out they dropped but there's still value bookie: sbobet

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) Sport - Atl PR After excellent display in last round against Flamengo, Sport Recife will try to continue in winning ways against Atletico PR. On the other hand Atletico PR lost heavy in last round against Atletico Mineiro 0-4, and they now had new coach with same problems. Sport coach Emerson Leão can't count on lateral Dutra for this game, Dutra is suspended after reciving third yellow card. Bruno Teles will play on that position. Midlefielder Hamilton is back in the team after injury. As I siad, Atl PR has new coach, Waldemar Lemos, who take over Geninho. Lemos will have some come backs in the team, but also some important missings. Marcinho is suspended, Julio dos Santos is injured, Rhodolfo and Wallyson are injured too. Probable squads: Sport Magrão; César, Durval e Igor; Moacir, Hamilton, Fumagalli, Luciano Henrique e Bruno Teles; Weldon e Wilson. Técnico: Emerson Leão. Atlético-PR Vinícius; Rhodolfo (Carlão), Rafael Santos e Antonio Carlos; Raul, Valência, Chico, Paulo Baier (Wesley) e Márcio Azevedo; Rafael Moura e Patrick. Técnico: Waldemar Lemos. IMHO Sport is much better side in this matchup, and I expect win against side that is clearly in downtrend right now. Sport @1.78 Pinnacle 6/10

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) Santos 0 @ 2.01 (5 Units) Over 2.5 @ 1.94 (5 Units) The heat is on Ney Franco. A lack of positive results has seen the Botafogo fans become restless and lots of fingers are pointing at Ney Franco. Sure they lost Maicosuel but it does not mean they cannot compete. The Engenhão has been empty for the most part this season so there is a lack of home field advantage. Botafogo just seems like a club not willing to invest at this current time, worried about future debts they have to pay off, they are now struggling to reinforce and lack cover for Maicosuel and the injured Reinaldo. The club has scored a miserable 3 goals in 5 games thus far and are still winless this season. They are another club that is on the verge of an internal meltdown, do the players even care at this point in time or is change really necessary to spark a revival? Botafogo need to know how it feels like to score on a consistent basis and that in itself is such a major challenge for them at this point in time. Constant rotation by Franco is often confusing the players and their roles are sometimes reversed. A win here could ease the tension at the club but it may not be enough. The stadium is lacking any sort of fans filling it up so any road team visiting could have just as many fans supporting them as the home crowd. Santos seems to have finally gotten a new era of youngsters together. The club is well known for producing random gem’s and so far this year the youngsters are really proving their worth. Having started the year undefeated, the squad can score and when you have players such as Neymar, Madson and Kleber to lead your attack you are bound to see some entertaining football. There is no denying the talent of Santos, however sometimes too much youth can be a bad thing, a lack of experience can eventually be their downfall. The club has proven it can play on the road this year and won’t be surprising that come end of the season Santos will be the most successful road team in the league. Having already played Gremio, Fluminense, and Santo Andre on the road in league play and coming out with points in all 3, the club also had some regional games against Corinthians and Palmeiras where again they were unfazed by being the road team and came out with a positive result. Again we see two teams in opposite directions. Botafogo struggling to gain some confidence, Santos just on fire, scoring goals all over. The key here is whether or not Botafogo can score and can Santos play some defense? Santos has failed to see any sort of cleansheet in their last 7 overall games, Botafogo on the other hand have managed to be a part of 3 games with cleansheets. End of the day a team that has more internal pressure facing a team that seems to be very relaxed can lead to quite a disaster for Botafogo. A Santos win could be a blessing in disguise for Botafogo as they really need some drastic changes before it is too late. Santos to come out victorious and maintain their unbeaten record. Projected Line-ups: Botafogo: Renan; Alessandro, Leandro Guerreiro, Emerson and Eduardo; Fahel, Léo Silva, Batista, Lúcio Flávio; Tony and Victor Simões. Santos: Fábio Costa; Wagner Diniz (Pará), Fabão, Fabiano Eller and Léo; Roberto Brum, Rodrigo Souto, Paulo Henrique Lima, Madson and Molina; Kléber Pereira. Prediction: Botafogo 1-3 Santos

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) Goias - Corinthians Corinthians and their coach Mano Menezes have final of Copa brasil on their mind. But Mano Menezes will not mix his team to much, he knows that is important to give game minutes to some players in order to get match practise. One of those players is forward Ronaldo. Mano Menezes said about Ronaldo: "He must play in this gam, and he will probably play from the start along side Dentinho". Don't get me wrong, Timao have some players missing... Defenderand captain William, lateral Alessandro, and forward Jorge Henrique are all injured and won't play today. Home team Goias have 2 missings also for t his game. Defender Rafael Tolói and midleifielder Ramalho are out. First is suspended, second injured. Probable squads: GOIÁS: Harlei; Rafael Tolói, Ernando e Leandro Euzébio; Vítor, Fábio Bahia, Amaral, Felipe Menezes e Julio César; Iarley e Felipe Técnico: Hélio dos Anjos CORINTHIANS: Felipe; Diogo, Diego, Chicão e Marcelo Oliveira; Cristian, Boquita (Elias), Wellington Saci e Douglas; Dentinho e Ronaldo Técnico: Mano Menezes Goias is not such a strong team to be sure he can win against any reserves, expecialy against little mixed Corinthians team, that BTW have Dentinho and Ronaldo up front. I think this odds must be taken! Corinthians @4.18 5Dimes 6/10

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) Palmeiras - Cruziero Both teams are playing in the midweek in Copa Libertadores, and both teams have set Libertadores as priority. But Luxemburgo said on the last report that win against Cruzeiro will do wonders for the motivation of his team and that he will save no one in this game. Only doubt for todays game is Willian forward who has some minor injury and might be saved. Situation in Cruzeiro is different. Coach Adilson Batista won't say nothing but certain is this: Gerson Magrão and Kléber (very important) are suspended. Jonathan, Thiago Heleno, Fabrício and Wagner might be saved (probable to be saved). Probable squads: PALMEIRAS: Marcos; Wendel, Maurício Ramos, Danilo e Armero; Pierre, Mozart (Souza ou Willians), Cleiton Xavier e Diego Souza; Keirrison e Obina Técnico: Wanderley Luxemburgo CRUZEIRO: Fábio; Jancarlos (Jonathan), Leonardo Silva, Gustavo e Sorín; Henrique, Elicarlos, Marquinhos Paraná e Bernardo; Zé Carlos (Wagner) Wellington Paulista Técnico: Adilson Batista Palmeiras is mighty at home, Cruzeiro don't like playing away from home. Palmeiras full team, Cruzeiro mixed, enough for me. Palmeiras -0.25 @1.83 Bet365 6/10

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) Fluminense -0.25 @ 2.03 (3 Units) A mid-table clash between two giants from their respective Cities. Fluminense representing Rio and Gremio representing Porto Alegre. There have been interesting news from both sides, Fluminense more internally, Gremio more on injuries. Points at home are precious for these clubs as neither team has won a game on the road yet this season, although Fluminense have managed 2 draws. Fluminense has faced quite a turbulent week, after the fiasco with fans invading the training grounds and even confronting and physically attacking some of the Fluminense players, there is quite an internal war going on so far and could put an effect on the teams efforst on the pitch. Not only is there a conflict with the fans and board of directors but also amongst some of the players. Fred and Luiz Alberto got into a little schuffle during a training session. Frustration is boiling and it’s sad to see a team with so much potential take it out on themselves rather than against their opponents. Also have to remember that key player Thiago Neves is only at the club till July 4th when he will return to Al Hilal in Saudi Arabia from his loan spell. So the remaining games are of extreme importance for Fluminense to get as much points as they can because replacing Thiago Neves will prove to be very difficult. Gremio just seems to know how to play at home with pure confidence, yet they cannot get anything going for them on the road. Even in seasons prior, playing at the Olimpico was not a problem for them, but once they traveled they became rather vulnerable and it eventually is the difference maker from being Brasilerao champions. They come into this match having a Copa Libertadores game in 4 days against Caracas. The game is currently tied 1-1 on aggregate but the advantage goes to Gremio for securing that precious away goal and they will take that with them to the comforts of their home. Gremio will be without key players Douglas Costa, Ruy, and Rever thus moving to a 4-4-2 system rather than the 3-5-2 in which they started the season with. Gremio’s mind could be on Caracas in 4 days time but they cannot keep “Sacrificing” games in or else if they do get knocked out of Copa Libertadores they will be too far back in the standings. Fluminense needs results fast or the fans will continue to pressure them. Time and time again these Rio teams are often put into a situation where their fans want more. The players know that another poor result could lead them to more unrest amongst fans. A win here for Fluminense will definitely cool down the pressure amongst fans and players and that is what will be predicted. Gremio have yet to prove they can win on the road and considering they do have the Copa game in 4 days it’s hard to see whether or not they come in here with the full intention of being physical. Last thing you want is to get an injury to a key player prior to a knockout match. Gremio’s road woes should continue on. Projected Line-ups: Fluminense: Ricardo Berna, Diogo, Edcarlos, Luiz Alberto e João Paulo; Wellington Monteiro, Marquinho, Darío Conca e Carlos Eduardo; Thiago Neves e Fred Gremio: Marcelo Grohe; Willian Thiego, Léo, Rafael Marques e Fábio Santos; Túlio, Adilson, Tcheco e Souza; Maxi López e Alex Mineiro Prediction: Fluminense 2-1 Gremio

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 13/14 June ) Palmeiras v Cruzeiro EC over 2.5 goals @1.97 (bet365) - 7/10 Not have much time to write so as you can see above my pick is over 2.5 goals in Palmeiras game. Palmeiras started to score goals, in last two matches they scored four goals and conceded three (2-2 v Gremio Barueri away and v Victoria 2:1 at home), after 1:0 down at home v Victoria they manage to score two late goals and win the game. That will certainly keep morale very up in the team and they will go in superb condition in this game. Yesterday I was thinking about Palmeiras win but my only option will be over 2.5 goals as for Palmerias have not very nice defence so anything might happen, good luck. Head to head:

14-09-08 Serie A Cruzeiro 0 - 1 Palmeiras
13-06-08 Serie A Palmeiras 5 - 2 Cruzeiro
02-09-07 Serie A Cruzeiro 5 - 0 Palmeiras
03-06-07 Serie A Palmeiras 1 - 3 Cruzeiro
17-09-06 Serie A Cruzeiro 1 - 0 Palmeiras
14-05-06 Serie A Palmeiras 1 - 1 Cruzeiro
17-09-05 Serie A Palmeiras 2 - 1 Cruzeiro
22-05-05 Serie A Cruzeiro 2 - 0 Palmeiras
07-09-04 Serie A Palmeiras 1 - 3 Cruzeiro
16-05-04 Serie A Cruzeiro 2 - 1 Palmeiras

What a crap weekend for me' date=' sorry for the terrible predictions and picks.[/quote'] its still early in the season and its always unpredictable .. its always like that in every league... great previews , very well done... GL next week . :ok

that's ok about the odds bagzi but let's keep the game conversations to the day of the match or 36 hours before. No earlier discussions here' date=' let's keep it to MSN and private messages. I don't want the bookies dropping our odds before we steak our bets, and that doesn't apply only to the asian lines, 1x2 too! :ok[/quote'] pffff. I've already seen such statement a few times. do you really thinks some of you can move the odds big??:lol 70% of information for this leagues the same: B-team, mixed team, missing players - bla bla bla. And more than 50% such bet is lost, "weak" teams won or draw. So keeping conversation in secret is absolutely useless IMO. Gl:hope

pffff. I've already seen such statement a few times. do you really thinks some of you can move the odds big??:lol 70% of information for this leagues the same: B-team, mixed team, missing players - bla bla bla. And more than 50% such bet is lost, "weak" teams won or draw. So keeping conversation in secret is absolutely useless IMO. Gl:hope
I don´t think that some of us can move the odds up, but I think that some of us can move the odds down - well mate, bookies have their own ˝workers˝ who are reading this forums and official club web sites, so instead of laughing please try to write something about tips here or there in other threads in the forum:loon. You have joined this forum back in 2006 and had 10 posts so far, and you think that you have right to criticise our hard work - no chance pall... Have a nice day, and please enjoy in PL forum by not criticising our loyal members...

What a crap weekend for me' date=' sorry for the terrible predictions and picks.[/quote'] don´t be sorry my friend, we all have bad picks sometime, you are not a visionary man, you are just ordinary guy who loves Brasilian soccer and try to search the best options and give us great previews (much better than myself) for every games. Sometimes you are right and sometimes you don´t - like everyone:ok