Musselburgh 6th

3.20 - Scottish Sprint Cup ------------------------------ I'm not usually one for handicaps but this one caught my eye while having a look at the past trends . ROKER PARK - A Northern trained 4y-old , drawn low and ran within the past month puts him in with a shout with regards to the stats of the previous 8 winners. Despite being a 4 y-old , this Gelding will be making only his 9th appearance on the racecourse [ i assume injury has played a part ] so it's possible that some improvement is still on the cards . It has won twice , both at 5f , and it's record bears closer inspection. As a 2y-old it ran twice in Group 2 company , btn under 4l and 7l both times. His record over 5f is decent imo - 1st in his debut at Ripon , 7th + 8th in those Grp 2's mentioned above was his 5f receord as a 2y-old As a 3y-old he was 10th in a Catterick H'cap from a bad draw [ 11 ] - first 3 were drawn 1-8-4 and then he won over C/D in a Cl 4 H'cap @ 40/1 !! He has had one run this season and that was at York in a 6f event where he finished well down the field , BUT he was drawn 2 in a race where the first 6 were drawn 15,13,17,16,9 and 12 . That outing should have brought him on and @ 20/1 here an EW bet could bring rewards :hope

Re: Musselburgh 6th 3.20 Musselburgh Jaconet has made a good impression this season and looks a useful filly indeed. She won here over course and distance in April, despite the fact she coulds have been potentially enthralled in a destructive battle for the lead, and that impressed me as it showed versatility. She's started this term superbly, goes for the fourtimer, and will see her potential value as a broodmare rise even futher if she can beat the boys, some of which are useful sprint handicappers, here. 5.15 Musselburgh Legal Legacy looks to hold the strongest claims here as he looks to confirm his superiority over Island Chief who, in turn, had the beating of top-weight Liberty Trail recently. Legal Legacy makes on his third start in handicaps so is open to further imporvement. A 5 lb rise from his last time out win seems fair, and proven over course and distance on good to firm ground he ticks all the main boxes for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.