** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Celtic Manor Wales Open & US Memorial Tournament

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open The thing is all the main protagonists for the Ryder cup are playing at Muirfield Village this week, this is actually a very weak field. There are players priced at 25/1 who would be three figures in a top class lineup. Very difficult to narrow the field down from a betting perspective, with the each way value practically non-existant. I'm giving it a miss and concentrating on The Memorial, the each way value is much better with Tiger in the field pushing everyone one else out several points.

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open Bradley Dregde could be worth a bet in this. He's been out of form of late but this is his local course and he knows it like the back of his hand so he seems a decent bet in this weak looking field.

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open

The thing is all the main protagonists for the Ryder cup are playing at Muirfield Village this week' date=' this is actually a very weak field. There are players priced at 25/1 who would be three figures in a top class lineup. Very difficult to narrow the field down from a betting perspective, with the each way value practically non-existant. I'm giving it a miss and concentrating on The Memorial, the each way value is much better with Tiger in the field pushing everyone one else out several points.[/quote'] Good point mate, Ive adjusted the thread to allow people to put their tips on both events, no doubt the Memorial is the Premium event.

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open & US Memorial Tournament Nick Doughtery 13/1 for top20 with Skybet. Obviously mean't to be 13/10. Done a crafty tenner in this,though they will surely only pay on the correct(13/10) price,on 'palpable' grounds,etc. They will take my full losing tenner if he fxxks up though!!

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open & US Memorial Tournament As mentioned just the Memorial for me this week. Two near misses on Sunday so, with confidence high, six picks this week. All selections 1pt e/w Sean O'Hair @ 25/1 Geoff Ogilvy @ 28/1 Steve Marino @ 60/1 Nick Watney @ 66/1 Stewart Cink @ 66/1 Dustin Johnson @ 70/1 Tempted by Kaymer @ 100s could be too big for a player of his potential. Further down the list Ryan Moore appeals at 150/1 with back to back top tens on this track, but three missed cuts in five are enough to put me off going in with the readies.

Golf - The Memorial Tournament - Final Round Sun 7th June 2009 This should be an absolute belter of a final round! There are some top,top players within 5 strokes of the leaders Bettencourt & Wilson who are on -9. Woods is lurking on -5 which is making the bookies books at the moment inflate prices of players who are currently in a much better vain of form. Bets for the outright now are 1,2,3 finish at 1/4 odds. Geoff Ogilvy @7.00 Totesport EW I would make Ogilvy the current favourite on form as he is 2 off the lead on -7 after a blinding 63 (-9) yesterday! He has won 2 tournaments so far this year Mercedes Benz and The Accenture World Matchplay. 6/4 odds for a top 3 place is buying money - the form this guy has been in and after yesterdays superb round. Probably the most improved golfer on the tour this year. Luke Donald @41.00 Totesport EW Donald is starting to get some consistency back in his game after having problems with his wrist. He finished 2nd at The Verizon and 13th in his most recent tournament The Crowne Plaza. He sits on -4 and if he can post a decent final round score he could get into the mix of a top 3 finish. He finished 6th here last year and sits 1 behind Woods who is a 9/2 shot which just doesn't seem right to me on current form. :ok

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open & US Memorial Tournament I agree Jonesy Ogilvy is a very decent price and if he swings and putts like yesterday he'll take all the beating. I'm on at 28s so no need for further investment from me. Cink was looking good as well yesterday until tailing off with three late bogeys.

Re: The Celtic Manor Wales Open & US Memorial Tournament

I agree Jonesy Ogilvy is a very decent price and if he swings and putts like yesterday he'll take all the beating. I'm on at 28s so no need for further investment from me. Cink was looking good as well yesterday until tailing off with three late bogeys.
It tends to help if you avoid the quadruple bogeys :cry