Folkestone (eve) - 2/6/09

8.20 Folkestone Gaia Prince is interesting stepped up in trip. He only made one start at two, finishing 5th in a Newbury maiden behind the likes of Cat Junior and Hustle, and only had three starts last year too. He was a couple of lengths behind Checklow at Windsor and that rival was btn only half a length off 89 at York recently. He was then 4th at Newbury and only a couple of lengths off Belotto who won off 76 when last seen. The 6th, Ben Ami, is another that has won off marks in the mid-seventies since going handicapping too, so all in all I think Gaia Prince's initial rating of 77 was fair. He disappointing on his last start last June but has come back in decent form dropped 2 lbs and found only the well handicapped Annabelle's Charm and Special Reserve, who has won since to boost the form, too good. He then ran over the same trip at Newmarket last time out and was headed by the winner 1f, but kept on, to suggest he was worth a go at a mile and a half. Fast ground evidently poses no problems and in a field of what are mainly exposed horses I think he can go well. Cumani sends out an exception, Hada Men, who is the least exposed runner in the field after five runs, but he hasn't been seen for 244 days, and Gaia Prince may have a fitness advantage. 9/2 Paddypower, 0.5 pt

Re: Folkestone (eve) - 2/6/09 7.50 Monaadema 10/11 sj bog 10 pts A Haggas horse here who could in time prove to be substantially better than the mark of 72 which she has got here for his handicap bow. Two runs so far and both showed some ability. Second on debut if not beaten a fair way but then managed to step up on that to win when odds on and beating a couple of late 60s/early 70s rated horses so on that back of that, a mark of 72 is not that harsh. Also I noticed this one was put in a yarm race earlier this season and perhaps significantly it was a race that was won previously by the trainer with a similarly progressive type with musaalem who went onto good things. It wouldn’t surprise me if this one did something similar and won today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.