basic system - 1 month trial

This is carrying on from a pub conversation from the weekend and is a very basic system. Basically Im only a recreational punter and really dont go into much detail with selections as a whole. Anyway everytime I see a buddy of mine (hes the same as me punting wise) he says "that system would have had another winner this week". So I thought I would see if it showed profit over a month and posting selections up will hopefully make me track it properly. After a quick nag for the definitive rules, this is the criteria I was given... 1) CD winner in the past. 2) BF in last race 3) Last race was no more than 15 days ago I have no idea how many selections this will throw up in a month - not many Im guessing. I want to keep this as simple as possible so each bet will be 1 point level stake running a P/L as it goes along, just a nosey bit of fun really;) Also it is worth a mention that I will be doing this from a basic 30p newspaper so I could miss a selection quite easily as I dont have any filtering system and tbh wouldnt know where to start!!!!:$

Re: basic system - 1 month trial Mon 1st June. No selection. As far as I could see closest to criteria were... Perfect friend 5.00 lei- failed on rule 1 Rowan Lodge 2.45 car - failed on rule 2 Mr Jingles 4.45 car - failed on rule 3

Re: basic system - 1 month trial I might be able to save you some time here thanks to the systems builder that comes with horseracebase. Fav/jointfav or co fav lto, not 1st lto, CD winner, last ran 1 - 15 days.

PeriodBetsWinsSP PointsStrike Rate
200913127-10.7920.61%
200836063-59.6117.5%
200729557-34.0619.32%
200631649-45.0915.51%
200530451-53.6116.78%
200430944-75.1214.24%
200328052-29.4818.57%
Total bets since 2003: 1995 Wins: 343 S/R 17.19% Return at SP: -307.76 Longest losing run: 34 (3 times) Longest winning run: 3 (5 times) Unfortunately the strike rate is so poor that even a staking plan is unlikely to help. You might be able to profit laying them using a loss recovery staking plan (dangerous as hell by the way - not recommended unless you really know what you're doing), as with Betfair prices and commissions at level stakes laying you'll still only just break even. I've tried a host of filters but I'm sorry to say that I can't find any easy adaptation. I hope you don't mind me throwing this in - I'm nothing to do with horseracebase by the way - just a satisified customer who started using them when the RP went into self-destruct mode. The site is fast, affordable and provides masses of info in a usable form. Selections for systems like this can be produced in seconds daily. Best of luck.

Re: basic system - 1 month trial Have been using a system that gives me selections and then I only pay if they win (after they win). So far the results have been good with small profit (betting 1% of bank). Usually amounts to 1 or 2 tips per day (no sunday racing) so as long as I can resist the temptation to lay big then should still see weekly profits. This week has seen success at Sedgefield with Masafi, Southwell with Flores Sea, and Nottingham with Comrade cotton. Today I am trying Leopardstown with Dash Back at 8pm and Newton Abbot with Sheikhman at 5pm. We'll see.;)

Re: basic system - 1 month trial Wicked.......thanks very much for the post - i didnt have time to respond yesterday. I dont mind at all, in fact im very grateful for the information you provided - it certainly shows that this is certainly not something to follow full time!! As I said in the original post it was just a bit of fun between me and a buddy and I dont know how to access these filters but maybe you have provided me with a starting point. I will carry on posting them untli my buddy returns from hols but thanks to you I am now armed with alll the info required, so cheers for that:ok anyway looks like there is one for today....

Re: basic system - 1 month trial That one lost and so did another on saturday that i didnt get round to posting. Tbh I have been provided with all the information and more that I required for this and it seems a little fruitless now so I will leave it.