AFL Round 10

Okay fellas. I smell value. Time to take it, not shirk it. NORTH MELBOURNE vs BRISBANE Edit 2: Brisbane is not that much better than the Roos and start favs in Melb so liking the Roos to win here esp if they play tall against an undermanned defence and with an extra day's break over a Brisbane team recovering after a tough slog vs the Saints that is traveling to Melb for their 2nd wk in a row. A play likely on the Unders total likely as well. Nth @ $2.09 FREMANTLE vs RICHMOND Edit 3: Think the Tiges are worth a bite here. Not taking silly odds about Freo here and the Tiges are playing well in patches lately so you'd have to give them a chance esp after what they did here at Subi Oval the 2 times they were there last year. Rich @ $2.67 And if you're not keen think on H2H, I think the +14.5 line is gr8 value as well. Could not see Freo blowing the Tiges off the park. Other thoughts added soon. Edit: Well Centrebet have started putting out lines 2 days before usual so stay tuned.

Re: AFL Round 10 CAR - WCE Etihad Stadium Fri, 29 May 7:40 PM Not surprised to see the Blues short here but at Centrebet I saw them open at $1.17!! I refreshed a few mins later. Out to $1.20! Eagles $5.15 into $4.60! Blues have been poor value all year and they will stay poor value for the remainder of the season. I think they will win but by how much is anyone's guess. Looks tempting to take the Eagles on the 31.5 line. They've beaten the line 3 out of 4 away this year. That one huge loss away was their only game in Melb tho - at the Docklands. Last time the Blues played there they pummelled an ordinary Dogs and yet they've had their biggest loss this year last week while the Eagles put in their 2nd worst perfrormance this yr I feel. What to do? The thing is the Eagles don't really tag anymore, relying 100% on their zone and have no Plan B so players like Judd, Betts etc will do as they please this time. Carlton's tactics failed last week and won't be doing that this week. I really want to take the Eagles at the +31.5 start but fail to see how they will stop Judd, Betts and Murphy even if they have Fev covered. No play here. Edit 1: STK-MEL Gold Coast Stadium Sat, 30 May 7:10 PM Saints look to be tiring (which will suit Melb) but still winning. Should win but not keen on the line (44.5!!) on neutral ground as they've failed to beat it the last 2 at home while the Dees have beaten the line their last 6, although junk time goals saved them (and me) last game when well beaten early. I'll stay on the gravy train and trust the Dees to beat the line again against the Saints backing up after 2 physical games. A play likely on the unders total as well considering it's Carrara Oval. Melb +44.5 pts ($1.91)

Re: AFL Round 10 Final thoughts for today - my head hurts. As before, all odds are with Centrebet. WB $1.55 SYD $2.47 (-/+10.5pts) Manuka Oval Sat, 30 May 2:10 PM The odds are right here I feel. No interest in this one. Doggies have won last 3 vs Swans. All last year. ADE $2.47 HAW $1.55 (+/-10.5pts) AAMI Stadium Sun, 31 May 12:40 PM No interest in this one either. Hawks to win here. Crows may feel a let down after last week. ESS $6.30 GEE $1.12 (+/-40.5pts) Etihad Stadium Sun, 31 May 2:10 PM Line is a bit high but expect Geelong to win here and alot of goals from both sides. COL $1.54 POR $2.48 (-/+11.5pts) MCG Sun, 31 May 4:40 PM Pies predictably short after a clever win away again. On the other hand it's hard to know which Port will turn up. This looks too hard atm but would not surprise me if Port blasted the Pies off the park like they did to the Hawks earlier in the season, even with Pies expected inclusion of key players. Will watch the odds closely here. Good luck all :)

Re: AFL Round 10 Anyone else read an article today about the 6 day break curse? Something along the lines of 20 times this year a team with a 6 day break has played a team with a longer break, and 15 times the 6 day break team has lost. Would be interested to know if that's true and what the actual odds were for each team that won.

Re: AFL Round 10 Will examine that later on Crouchy...I guess now more than ever rest/recovery is pretty important. Wouldn't surprise. Haven't run any numbers yet, but just by looking, I do like the Swans. Gilbee likely to miss, Higgins almost certain to miss. The win @ Canberra last year was a bit of a mirage...kicked 18.4 from memory? [Ah, wrong game...decent win @ Manuka last year.] Another tough round tho...Saints have had 2 big wins @ AAMI...no real reason they can't here... WC worth a look here for sure. No Waite, Fev sucking it up. Goals drying up. 26, 24, 20 shots last 3...

Re: AFL Round 10 Bugger it...may as well plug away now...[and do a one man running commentary while I go! :D ] First thing I notice is that Brisbane have not allowed worse than a shot every 2.00 I50's all season!! Back half is holding up tremendously well... ...Their problem has been a loose midfield, giving up a LOT of I50's. Win that battle and they generally win the game. Swans to 48 (h), win. Ess to 52 (h), win. Tigers to 45 (a), win. Adelaide to 46 (h), win. Good news for them playing the Kangas who haven't topped 54 all season, just twice over 50 and are av'ing 45 in their last 6. But can they (Bris) score enough goals to win?...definate 'under' play. The other thing I just noticed about St. Kilda is their tackling. You might be right about being tired, or at least dropping off there oz. Av'd 74 tackles in the first 6 weeks (only 1 game below 69), but just 60, 58 & 61 last 3 weeks. :ok Hawthorn have still NOT beaten their opp. all season for contested ball! Makes it very tough to take them as favs just about anywhere. Collingwood have scored at better than 2.00 just 3 times all season!...and covered the spread every time. (WC, Kangas and Geelong)... ...Port have allowed 100 I50's in the game (ANZAC Day) before Richmond. :eyes (Still only 53-50)... ...with the Geelong D showing rediculous numbers (shot every 2.43 before this week, let me get back to that!) it could be a lower scorer than you might think... ...then again, there's the Geelong scoring as well... :lol Richmond midfield has been very good...only Carlton and Doggies have really nailed them all season, and 251/249 in their last 5 [quite literally, as close to 50/50 as you're ever going to see! :drums ]... ...coming up against a team who had NOT topped 50 all season...until this week. 54 (to 43! :eek ) this week [7 alone to Headland...amazing what one inclusion can do...well, in a way, 'cause they still lost obviously! :D ] The team who is most effecient up forward wins. Freo been poor all year (just 3 games >2.00)...Richmond D has been poor all year (3 games better than 1.80!! :eek). Freo have had just 1 game at home worse than 2.00 up forward (Hawks last game), so they do look to have the edge to me... ...but can't really see myslef breaking rule no. 1... 'Roos have scored at better than 2.04 just twice all season...2 wins. (Port, still just 1.96) and Freo... ...won't happen v. Brisbane. Have NOT won a midfield battle since Melbourne in rd. 1! Av. -7.3 since!! ...luckily for tham Brisbane are (wait for it...) -19.25 on the road so far!! :rollin Of course, 30-75 @ Geelong, and 39-54 @ St. Kilda don't help...44-45 @ Richmond is a bit more realistic. I'm still on the under, and I actually do think the Lions should be starting favs. Geelong allowed worse than 1.96 defensively to the Dogs for only the second time all season...and have lost both ats. (Dogs and Pies) Extremely strange that Collingwood would do it, as I've said, just 3 times all year...Dogs no surprise...but can Ess? 4 better than 2.00 from 9... ...after a crazy start to the season, the Geelong forwardline has slowed right down...A shot every 1.52 entries in the first 4 games!...only better than 1.93 ONE time since (v. Melbourne)...@ near enough 2.00 since. Still liking that sneaky under... :ok Anyway...that's me done for now I think... :cheers

Re: AFL Round 10

Haven't run any numbers yet, but just by looking, I do like the Swans. Gilbee likely to miss, Higgins almost certain to miss. The win @ Canberra last year was a bit of a mirage...kicked 18.4 from memory? [Ah, wrong game...decent win @ Manuka last year.]
I would like to retract my comment re: odds of Bulldogs-Swans. I was being lazy and had no interest in the game. Had the Doggies not run the Cats to 2 pts they would be longer. It's clear the bookies have over-reacted but nevertheless I will just watch/listen with interest.

Anyone else read an article today about the 6 day break curse? Something along the lines of 20 times this year a team with a 6 day break has played a team with a longer break' date=' and 15 times the 6 day break team has lost. Would be interested to know if that's true and what the actual odds were for each team that won.[/quote']Wasn't aware of the exact stat oscar, but was aware they were getting beat a lot this year, even though, I think, an all time stat should show some disadvantage. Port back on a big ground, hey! ;) (Already ON at 2.75) :drums Another danger for Brisbane is the 'off an honorable loss' factor - something I often like to oppose. On the flip side we can usually depend on a Laidley (or Wallace ) team to butcher a match out of some game plan master-minded from reams of printout. Mind you (I know I keep going on about it, but all ye HDLM's will like hearing it) the example set by the Essendon reserves seems to have gotten through somewhat.

Re: AFL Round 10 Nice work Ash... ...just having a quick scan, I still suspect there's not a lot in it. I mean the only real 'upset' I can see there was Ess ver Carlton...and odds aside, was that really all that un-expected? Coll over Brisbane away maybe... ...but Kangas over Ess and Ess ver Coll were decent 'upsets' the other way too. Still, something to keep an eye on for sure. :ok

Another danger for Brisbane is the 'off an honorable loss' factor - something I often like to oppose.
Guess the Doggies would fit the bill as well :ok
On the flip side we can usually depend on a Laidley (or Wallace ) team to butcher a match out of some game plan master-minded from reams of printout.
Well that gives me confidence :unsure but you could always endure under-coaching by the likes of one John Worsfold. Speaking of which, the line on Fri nite's game is into 29.5 from 31.5. Eagles into $4.35 now. There's a hint he will bring in some experience. Really! Just bring in Steinglein to tag Judd and half your problem is solved if you still believe in tagging Woosha! Saints-Melb line in 4 pts now to 40.5. Melb $8.05 -> $6.40; Saints $1.08 -> $1.12. Gee-Ess line in 3 pts now to 37.5. Little specking for the Bombers H2H as well as Sydney, Adelaide and Pies. All odds with Centrebet.
Too much time on my hands,
Not at all. You did real good. Many thnx. :notworthy
Nice work Ash... ...just having a quick scan, I still suspect there's not a lot in it. Coll over Brisbane away maybe...
Days break between games alone isn't enough. Couple that with the nature of the previous game and the general style of play will have a huge bearing on the following week in terms of recovery. I watched the Saints-Bris game closely and I thought that these teams would have a hell of a time backing up esp on a 6 day break (which is why I'm going against them this week). Tackles were 61-86, biggest for Brisbane all season I think and game tackle total was the most for the round. Previous best was 80 vs tough-nuts Sydney who had 86. 6 days later, Brisbane get done by a well-rested Pies. Sydney get an extra day and play sharp-shooters (tongue-in-cheek) Carlton with no rest advantage and the Swans win. Is what I'm saying making sense or I am just waffling? :unsure!>!>

Re: AFL Round 10 It's the only language we understand... ;) :lol Certainly does make sense, oz. Brisbane off a very physical game with (effectively less than!) 6 days rest having to travel again... ...given the Lions backline I won't be taking them as road favs anyway...I've even got a total in mind which (I suspect) will be way too high. The more I think about West Coast, the more I'm in 2 minds...well, given the spread on the way in I think I'll be leaving it well alone. Remembering 2 of Carlton's last 3 have been inter-state...take out their poor showing @ Sydney and their Victorian numbers still look very good. As you said, oz, West Coast @ the Dome are awful. 3 games going back to the start of last year have allowed 33, 36 & 34 shots. Waite out, Fev hurting is all bad news, but every chance the midfield gets right on top of the Eagles' (allowing 54 I50's on the road). Sydney +9.5 Bit too much being read into last week for the Dogs. Still allowed 58 I50s (-10) and as mentioned already a couple of key players unlikely to play. They won @ Canberra last year, but just 1 more shot, and 3 less I50's...not to mention Goodes and O'Loughlan were out...Gilbee and Murphy both in the best for the Dogs. Swans haven't lost a game in NSW this season, and I think this one goes down to the wire either way. Can't possibly trust Richmond after last week's meltdown...just gave up when things got too hard. Freo would have to be the worst fav's ever tho! Will look at an under, but will want a decent number given both D's. Tempted by Adelaide +9.5, but number-wise they aren't much better than Freo! Carlton dominated last parts of the game but couldn't put it on the board. Crows have allowed 29 shots in 4 of the last 6 games and still struggle to score themselves. Hawthorn don't score well on the road tho...13.9 (Freo), 11.8 (v. WC @ Tassie)...did kick 15.15 @ Stadium Oz I guess... ...but as I said, Crows are worse up forward than Freo, so no reason it won't be a similar scoreline to a couple of weeks ago. Hawks 1-24 does look tempting at good odds. Waiting for the Collingwood IN's...expecting to see Didak at least, possibly even Medhurst and Thomas...Can't possibly trust Port on the road (played WC on a big ground and got spanked! ;) )... ...having said that, great record on the MCG...but only 2 in the last 2 years... Pies midfield haven't stopped...actually 2nd best (53 I50's a game) behind Geelong, but this lack of forwards has been hurting. Will definately be looking at an over...only 4 teams have kicked over 900 points so far (Carl, Dogs, St. K and Geelong)...Coll have played 3 of them and allowed 100+ each time (@ 118!)...Port are next on the list. Port got Hawthorn when they were really struggling early (esp. down back)...not sure the Pies are quite in the same boat, but good luck with that Ash. :ok Could be a relatively quiet weekend for me. :zzz

Re: AFL Round 10 essendon win would be about the only thing im on this weekend, they will be to good for geelong with out little danger man stokes & also key factor ottens. Essendon will get up here @ 5.60... essendon have the matchups for there midfield, watson first to it, lovett will get it long to our forwards :) doubt me? just watch. also like geelong/essendon, HT/FT would be paying like $30 :) good luck guys!

Re: AFL Round 10 Great work Ash, but agreed there's probably not too much in that. However, if you could combine the 6-day rest thing with other fatigue factors it could be quite useful. I know I base a lot of my NRL betting on certain triggers which I believe will affect intensity levels. Anyway, back onto the AFL, I think HT/FT reversal could be the go in the Freo game, just not sure which way. Freo had a massive trend at the start of last season where they'd lead at HT and lose at FT. Did it again last week too so with a little luck it might be set for a return. Freo outplayed in the 1st half v Hawks before mounting a 2nd half comeback of sorts, Richmond to me look the better canditates for throwing it away. Richmond/Freo in the HT/FT market and Rich/Rich/Rich/Freo in the wire to wire markets may be worth looking into.

Re: AFL Round 10 There's something in it IMO and I invariably apply weight to such factors. As I said, an all time stat would most likely demonstrate some advantage. Anyway, I much prefer a forum that talks about these types of things than some of those threads you get where people are just saying who they think will win.:puke :ok

The more I think about West Coast, the more I'm in 2 minds...well, given the spread on the way in I think I'll be leaving it well alone. Remembering 2 of Carlton's last 3 have been inter-state...take out their poor showing @ Sydney and their Victorian numbers still look very good. As you said, oz, West Coast @ the Dome are awful. 3 games going back to the start of last year have allowed 33, 36 & 34 shots. Waite out, Fev hurting is all bad news, but every chance the midfield gets right on top of the Eagles' (allowing 54 I50's on the road).
Make of this what you will but the Eagles have named their squad as they touch down tonite. IN: LeCras (gastro); Stenglein (promoted); Hunter (shoulder injury); McNamara (promoted); some 1st game rookie (Shuey?) OUT: Cockie (back to Rookie List); Priddis (unknown injury); B Jones (demoted) Adam Selwood is likely to get the job on Judd.
Richmond to me look the better candidates for throwing it away.
They are the kings of it. Richmond Damp Squibs has a better fit but I feel they may perform better, now that the circus has died a little this week and that they are playing outside of Vic as well.
Anyway' date=' I much prefer a forum that talks about these types of things than some of those threads you get where people are just saying who they think will win.:puke :ok[/quote'] Hmmm, I can't speak for the rest of youse, but I think I will win :loon

Re: AFL Round 10 Ah crap! I thought Cockie had done enough to stay onboard...my SuperCoach team manager (me) won't be happy... I had a thought last night...any correlation between a 6 day break and either a) The first to 25 market, or b) the HT/FT? Maybe they come out sluggish? Maybe they come out ok but tire?? Ash, if you've got a spare moment! :lol [if not I'll have a crack before tomorrow lunch timeish. ]

IN: LeCras (gastro); Stenglein (promoted); Hunter (shoulder injury); McNamara (promoted); some 1st game rookie (Shuey?)
Sorry, the 1st-gamer's name is Tom Swift. Midfielder with Claremont. Has come back after 2 knee re-constructions. Cockie has lost his place in the senior list as Luke Shuey is off the long-term injury list. Therefore: Eagles: In: Hunter, LeCras, McNamara, Stenglein, Swift Out: Matt Priddis (groin), Sam Butler, Adam Cockie, Brett Jones, Mark Seaby Blues: In: Fisher, Garlett, Houlihan, O'hAilpin Out: Richard Hadley, Jarrad Waite (knee), Simon Wiggins (hamstring), Chris Yarran Think Fisher and Houlihan are big ins for the Blues.

Re: AFL Round 10 Melbourne the lowest score (4.50! :eek ) Saints haven't allowed more than 81 points all season...13.3 last week. Av. just 58.8 against. Melbourne are the lowest scoring team in the comp. @ just 77 ppg, and scored just 68 v. a similar defensive (but not as good) Geelong. The lowest score won't come from a Doggies game, or Collingwood/Port. Freo and Richmond D's are bad enough to see some scoring... ...Crows and Hawks aren't the same teams as before. Maybe a slight concern of West Coast...or maybe even Essendon? But in 6 of 9 rounds so far either Melbourne or the Saints' opp has been the lowest...making the 4.50 just silly! ...not to mention in the last 4 games at GC (1 this year, 3 in 2008) teams av. just 83.75. Silly I tells ya. :hope

Re: AFL Round 10 Taz, Centrebet are already out with game totals all priced at $1.90. CARLTON vs WEST COAST-----------193.5 WESTERN BULLDOGS vs SYDNEY-----185.5 NORTH MELBOURNE vs BRISBANE-----190.5 ST KILDA vs MELBOURNE-------------182.5 FREMANTLE vs RICHMOND------------196.5 ADELAIDE vs HAWTHORN-------------178.5 ESSENDON vs GEELONG--------------205.0 COLLINGWOOD vs PORT ADELAIDE----184.5 My tips: NTH MELB vs BRIS (under 190.5) $1.90 ST K vs MELB (under 182.5) $1.90

Re: AFL Round 10 Yeah...you just beat me to it, oz... ...don't even know why I clicked on the 'game total' tab... On those 2, and one more (although I do like 2 others, but reckon if they move it might well be in my favour...) North v. Bris under 190.5 St. K. v. Melb under 182.5 Freo v. Richmond under 196.5 :cheers

Re: AFL Round 10 Freo more conservative at home, av. just 45 I50's a game and haven't had more than 98 in total in a game. Their forward line has fallen away now too...haven't been better than 2.00 in their last 4, inc. last 2 at home. Richmond hasn't scored 100 all season, and Freo haven't allowed 100+ in their last 5... ...Tiger D could be a slight concern, but Freo have scored over 94 just once all season as well. Other 2 have been talked about enough... ...just for interest sake I was after 189 (Bris), 193.5 (Freo) and 180.5 (St. K), so tight, but always nice to know that the books are on the same page at least.

Re: AFL Round 10 fwiw...things I've read around the traps, so who knows the extent of truth... ...but I personally would be very surprised if Higgins plays...he and Gilbee having tests tomorrow before flying out, so expect 1 if not both to miss. Also reports today of Hahn doing very little with a heavily strapped shoulder. Riewoldt has bee 'very sick' with the flu all week... Swan didn't train.

Re: AFL Round 10 Didn't know about Hahn. Another point about the breaks is clubs generally worry about picking up more injuries due to a fatigue factor - coincidence or not, Murphy crashed after just 6-days from Adelaide road trip.

Note Bulldogs have been up against it all the way. Even vs Geelong they really had the tougher lead in on a 6x6.
Riewoldt was sick leading up to last week's game.

Re: AFL Round 10 North Melbourne Over 15.5pts @ 3.30 Centrebet This price looks really out of line to where it should be. Most other places have this at 2.75 or so and personally I'd have described that as minor value. There's already been a bit of talk about Lions coming off the short turn-around and double away game. Last week's game (Lions) was close which I think may affect intensity levels but what's more significant was the way in which it was close. They didn't lose a shootout, they lost a very dogged trench-warfare type game which IMO drains substantially more mental energy than what a shootout would. Roos despite also having a close game last week I feel did it with a degree of comfort and without too much of an effort so to speak. Roos have had the longer break, are home to a side that has won away once in 12 months and are facing an opposition that IMO will have significantly lower levels of 'game energy' in their tanks.

Re: AFL Round 10 I had to work this morning...finished around 2.15, so heard the first quarter or so of the Dogs game on the radio. 2.1 Sydney, to 0.1 agaisnt a fairly strong wind, 15 minutes in...ok... ...get home, turn on the tv, it's 5.3 to 2.1....erm, ok... breeze...take the dogs for a walk... ...get home, it's about 15.3 to 2 goals still!! :eek Kinda look forward to the replay, in that proud, yet broke kinda way... :lol No guesses for the next couple...[Nice hit on those 2 total, oz. :ok] Collingwood v. Port over 184.5 Just going over old stuff, but Collingwood have given up 100+ to the top 4 scorers in the league...Port are 5th (4th most shots)... ...and Port D on the road is just terrible, allowing 51 I50's and a goal every 2.99 entries (the worst). Pies with 2 legit scoring options back in the team, pretty sure this one tops 200. Geelong v. Ess under 205 I know Cats have topped 100 at the Dome in their last 100...105+ in every game this year... ...but only over 120 3 times, which means the Bombers still need to kick 85 to get over... Ess D has been amazingly good so far, realistically the Cats biggest test so far, and Geelong have gven up over 23 shots only twice all season...one wthout Harley (Coll) and last week without Milburn to an (obiously!) red hot Doggies.( :tongue2 ) Free flowing game, but a LOT of points here, imho. :cheers [PS. Can everyone please score more than 46. Thanks. :unsure ]

I had to work this morning...finished around 2.15, so heard the first quarter or so of the Dogs game on the radio. 2.1 Sydney, to 0.1 agaisnt a fairly strong wind, 15 minutes in...ok... ...get home, turn on the tv, it's 5.3 to 2.1....erm, ok... breeze...take the dogs for a walk... ...get home, it's about 15.3 to 2 goals still!! :eek Kinda look forward to the replay, in that proud, yet broke kinda way... :lol
The WB-Syd game kinda shocked me too. 13 unanswered goals? Now how the hell does one read a game that is over at half time? Do we look at it the same way as we do the Syd-Port and Crows-Blues games last week? By my reckoning, the Crows should get pumped today and Port should win - only then will those other games make sense :lol
[Nice hit on those 2 total' date= oz. :ok]
Cheers. Those totals I find way easier to pick esp when a certain someone is spelling it out each and every week ala Saints great D, Nth can't score etc.. :ok like a broken record that you enjoy listening to. It's clear that team scoring is holding form better than playing form. Dunno why I took Nth H2H :wall They can't be trusted. Their forward line and I50 entries are on par with that of the Eagles (except LeCras) atm. My thnx goes out to the Richmond Butchers who put down their meat cleavers for a change and won a game. Have no idea how many times I wanted to "tear up my ticket" (Taz you are right about their D - it sux) Even 33 pts up late in the 3rd I almost forgot who I had backed and then right on cue I watched the "drama" unfold. Freo were brave finishing a spent force with virtually no subs but threw away the game themselves by going into their shell 2nd & 3rd qtrs. Was a very exciting game nonetheless and well done to Terry on his 500th and Mitch Morton for playing on with that "high percentage" (note sarcasm) snapshot. Unusually mild last night at Subi. It was 21oC down to 19oC during the course of the game :beer
[PS. Can everyone please score more than 46. Thanks. :unsure ]
You are almost over the line Taz. Who knew that the Dees would only score 0.4 in the 2nd half? I can't complain. Dees have now beaten the line in their last 7 games thanks to the Saints and their 4.9 in the 2nd half. Not even the Saints (6/10 - 6 straight) or the Cats (5/9) can match that :moon

You are almost over the line Taz. Who knew that the Dees would only score 0.4 in the 2nd half? I can't complain. Dees have now beaten the line in their last 7 games thanks to the Saints and their 4.9 in the 2nd half. Not even the Saints (6/10 - 6 straight) or the Cats (5/9) can match that :moon
Who'd have thought a team could kick 0.4 in a half and still get the $$?! :lol Terrible game wasn't it. At one stage there is was as if they thought most turnovers wins! Crows ain't gunna get pumped...This year is making less sense by the game...:sad