Haydock 22/05

7.50 Haydock This looks a nice contest, a 5f cavalry charge with 14 runners for this Class 4 event. Several in with a chance here but looking at the early prices, the one I can't resist is: Foxy Music (16/1 Bet365 BOG) - Has been freshened up on the AW in 2 runs this terms and looks prepared to go well here. C&D winner on its only start here on heavy going so ideal conditions to repeat it, the only question mark being its poor strike rate. If we discount all runs in the last 12 months on good ground or better, we are left with 4 runs to look at. Finished 2.5L 4th of 12 off 1lb higher mark at Carlisle in the grade early last summer, following that with a poor run at Beverley. However, I always find form from there suspect so happy to ignore. The horse is better judged on a fine 2nd of 15 at 28/1 in a Class 2 handicap off 78 on G/S, and then a 1L 4th of 16 in this grade at Ponty. Good jockey booking and a good draw on this ground. AW didn't really suit but should have sharpened up the horse. Trainers local track and combo are 2 from 7 this term, I'm hopeful that strike rate can be improved here at a massive price.

Re: Haydock 22/05 8.50 Haydock Open Sesame looks ahead of the handicapper judging by his comfortable victory at Newmarket last time out over a mile. The step up in trip here should continue the improvement despite the fact he carries a 6 lb penalty and providing he handles the likely bottomless ground, he looks the one to beat. 5/6 Bet 365, 1.5 pt

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.