Samba's Quest For Discipline

I've had an epiphany - no more betting on a race about to start just for the sake of it :spank, no more massively fluctuating stakes :spank, no more chasing :spank, no more badness full stop :spank. I'm going to record every single bet placed by these goddamn fingers lol, in an attempt to take it more seriously rather than just see it as investing in 'an interest'! If I have a bet it will be because I have researched the race properly, and be confident in my selections, rather than having a quick gander and being hopeful in my selections. The last 2 days, for my bbotd bets, I've been able to have a good look through the form due to the smallish fields and I've picked out 11/8 and 4/1 winners - that should be the case for every bet I place, and it will be from now. I'm starting with £224, and stakes will be derived from my confidence in the selection together with my bankroll at the time of placement. No bet will account for than 4% of total bankroll, and each bet - where possible - will consist of a win part and a place part to the ratio of 1:4.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Samba's Quest For Discipline Bet 0001 2.50 Goodwood - COUNCELLOR - £1.24 win @ 8.0 and £4.98 place @ 2.42 Won this race last year from a 5lb lower mark, but ran to a performance of 79 that day (races off 75 today) so the higher mark this year is still within his capabilities. He's ran at Goodwood on 4 occasions for a 4414 record. 16lb higher rated on the all weather and undoubtedly better there than on turf, but as shown he has displayed his fondness for the quirks of Goodwood, Stef Liddiard has said he likes going downhill and likes these quirky tracks. So with his past course form, his good draw, and his record of a win and a place from 4 May runs, he rates as my first bet for the 'new' me :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.