BBOTD 20th May

5.45 Goodwood - Bluebok EW One of 4 to do CD in this race today and by far the best of them, beating Cosmic destiny whilst on a higher bridge in the gap between them. Out of the last 5 runs has come 1st or 2nd in 4 of them and lto at Nottingham found nothing to run with but that can happen. Even then beat Brandywell Boy who is another one I quite like, they have both gone down 2lbs so keep and eye on both of them. Spic n Span and Step it up can also do well today but have not been proven turf so I'm not risking it with them. Only really 2 ther threats, Todber is one but is off a career high mark and I never trust that. Sands Crooner has run off quite high marks on AW in the past but drops about 15 to get here today and with this unpredictability I'd stay away. Bluebok has a better chance than most today and is at a higher price than so I'm getting on him with an EW.

Re: BBOTD 20th May 4.00 Goodwood American Spin - returns from a 95-day break but an unexposed gelding that remains open to considerable improvement off his current mark of 76 and undoubtedly has more to offer. He was third on his debut in a decent Newmarket maiden on his debut when with Brian Meehan, narrowly behind Napper Tandy, and injuries presumably kept him off the track for the next two years. However, he bounced to form with a win in a maiden on his first start for his current yard at Kempton in January. Was allocated an initial handicap rating of 75 thereafter and showed up well at Wolverhampton when shaping as if he would get further than a mile and a half. He was fourth behind War of the Roses in a competitive race last time out when again staying on, and the combination of a 1 lb drop in his rating, coupled with this extra yardage, entitles him to have a super chance here at a huge price. 1 pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.