Best bet of the day - Sat 16/5/09

4.15 Thirsk Cape Vale returns to the scene of his debut win from August 2007. He followed up next time out on his handicap debut off 79 but things never really took off for him after that as his 3 yo campaign was very disappointing, and fruitless. However, I think there is more to come from this half-brother of Moss Vale now at 4 and he is now rated only 4 lbs higher than when scooping that Ayr handicap two years ago. On his reappearance he was 8th of 13 at Musselburgh, but I am prepared to give him another chance with Adele Mulrennan taking off 7 lbs as the yard have hit form again of late and he may improve for the run. Admittedly, they do send out 4 of the 10 runners in the field here, but this is the one of the Nicholls quartet that catches me eye the most. 0.5 pt EW.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 16/5/09 Newbury 2.40pm 1pt lay Paco Boy Horse had top class form in 08 and is a good horse but LTO from notes the horse seemed all out near the line and today v a few very good horses that last run will not be good enough imv to win today. The press is going crazy for this horse and no doubt there will be heavy backing of this horse today,something i like when laying as the odds come well in,simple fact this horse will get beat today,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.