2.5 Under/Over Footy System w/H2H

Hi All,:ok

This my first post but I have been gathering some ideas on here……

I’ll keep this short ‘n’ sweet- ive designed a new 2.5 under/over system and will test it here. The rules of the system are:

1. All leagues are considered 2. Both home and away stats are used 3. All bets are placed on Betfair 4. All data from h2hdata

On to the selection process:

I will only back 2.5 under/over on a game if the selection displays the following historical trends:

i. Difference between L4 under and L4 over is at least +/-6; AND ii. Difference between H/A under and H/A over is at least +/-10; AND iii. 2/3 last H2H between teams support 2.5 under/over found from i) and ii)

The Rational:

Step i) provides comfort over short term scoring trends (irresistible form, ala Zaki in September) ;) Step ii) provides comfort over long term scoring trends (e.g. accounts for strength of opposition etc). also provides for early erratic early season form since the min. of games played to qualify is 10;) - may change this in due course since the big leagues are starting to wind down Step iii) incorporates, to some degree, some of the great work JWT:clap has been doing! Might also extend this to >3 past meetings in due course- if we get a losing streak :hope

All acronyms can be found on h2hdata so I won’t bother defining them here, hopefully you’ll be able to deduce everything from the picks.

I will test system live since I’m fairly confident (there comes the jinx:notworthy) although I’ve performed no backtesting whatsoever.

Staking plan will be 1 pt per pick, starting bank will be 500

Picks to follow shortly…. :hope:hope:hope

Re: 2.5 Under/Over Footy System w/H2H :welcome to PL! Best of luck, mate! :hope I'm always curious to see new strategies to find under/over bets, as I like that market, so I'll will follow this thread with interest. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.