Fintron's Flat Thread 2009 - Final Profit +478.17 pts

I've pretty much given up concentrating solely on the sprint handicaps now...races can be lost in the stalls and its ever so frustrating. Updating the trainer table also took time, and I cba anymore! My previous thread was centred around that to begin with, then I opened it up to class 2 races only. Basically, I now want a new thread under a fresh, more appropriate title. I've done a bit of digging and re-focussed a little, I know the type of horses I do best with and the ones I need to avoid the tempatation with. I am not ducking the old thread, infact I've carried the profit/loss over from it, I just think it needs a fresh thread. The type of horses I'm aiming to back hereon in: a) Handicappers - primarily unexposed handicappers open to improvement b) small fields - preferably ten runners or less = greater mathematical chance of success c) odds of 10/1 or under - I may pick the odd biggy from time to time, but my personal results show I am better picking horses under this range, and would be more profitable ducking the biggies whenever possible. The staking is still a bit of an unsolved issue. Was unsure whether to bet on a graded scale of 1-5 pts as previously, or stick to levels. Still don't know, so will suck it and see. Starting stats (carried over from old thread... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f13/fintrons-fast-flat-fancies-2009-a-82387/): They were... Pts staked: 13 Profit: -4.65 pt Yield: -36 %.... Then -5 from 2.35 Newbury, +0.17 from the 3.10 at Ponty, then -5 for 4.15 at Epsom. Barney McGrew was a NR, meaning overall the stats from the old thread were Pts Staked: 25 Profit: -14.48 pts Yield: -58 %

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Although I am going to York tomorrow, I'm gonna view that very much as a day out not a day to make money. The races are fiercely competitive and I'm going as much for the spectacle as anything. Really looking forward to watching the Dante horses parade, hopefully will take a few pics of the beauties. Don't fancy anything at Salisbury, the fields are too large, but a couple catch my eye at HQ. Firstly, I liked the look of Blue Spartan in the 7.25. The way he hacked up in a Chepstow maiden really impressed me given Earsmedic, Light From Mars and the prolific Asker Tau were behind and have performed well in handicaps off higher marks. However, he didn't see out 9f at Salisbury and his best form has come on faster ground, so for those reasons he's a no bet for me. I'm hopeful of an improved run from the Meehan horse, with a view to backing next time out. 8.30 Newmarket Ziggy Lee has been tried over a range of trips in his five career runs to date, and his two best efforts have both come over five furlongs. He raced over the minimum trip last time out at Wolverhampton on his handicap debut and won well, asserting at the finish, and his 9 lb rise in the weights looks warranted. The form of that race has worked out well with La Capriosa, Speak The Truth and Fyelehk all winning next time out and I think he is the one to beat over five frulongs again with the prospect of further improvement to come now handicapping. will add price tomorrow if I get time, if not, I'm hoping for something around the tissue price of 2/1, and will have 1.5 pts win.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.