Best bet of the day - Thurs 14/5/09

8.30 Newmarket Ziggy Lee has been tried over a range of trips in his five career runs to date, and his two best efforts have both come over five furlongs. He raced over the minimum trip last time out at Wolverhampton on his handicap debut and won well, asserting at the finish, and his 9 lb rise in the weights looks warranted. The form of that race has worked out well with La Capriosa, Speak The Truth and Fyelehk all winning next time out and I think he is the one to beat over five frulongs again with the prospect of further improvement to come now handicapping. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Thurs 14/5/09 1.40 YORK HAMISH McGONAGALL (5f, Cl2, GF) Keep looking at this race & C/D winner Hamish McGonagall who won at this meeting last year beating the impressive Lessons in Humility. It was in receipt of 3lb that day & Lessons in Humility won off 105 at the weekend in a class 1 handicap. Not sure the draw is going to play a part in this, but HM is drawn 7 & the 6f race today was won by a low stall, however to me the spread across the result wasnt that significant for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.