Windsor Mon eve 11/05

6.50 ABBONDANZA (1m, Class1, G/Firm) The style of running will suit Windsor as this one will be handy throughout & can dictate how the race will be run. Stepped up in class after a 14lb rise on the AW after a hat trick of wins. In the form of its life at present & has Ordnance row to beat. Ordnance row seems to like it here & won this race last year. Will be looking at the price for my selection & then decide how to play.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 Was going to post this myself, Rob. It's not a race I'll play in but I think it will run a good race. When Semple sends a horse down from the north to any southern track, take note. Same applies with Jim Goldie too (and we all know what happened to Dhaular Dhar yesterday:ok). Is stepping up in class and not sure how the return to turf will suit, but has a major chance and what could be nice odds. Main reservation would be the booking of Robert Winston, I'd have been way more confident with either Tom Eaves or Paul Mulrennan in the saddle. Good luck mate. You going tomorrow?

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 Thanks Mate, think its a race between Ordnance row & Abbodanza Not going tomorrow, might get there next Monday night Talking about Ordnance row, thats one of 2 C/D winners on the card as is Crown who runs in the 1st, Crown held off Tawaabb last week & they were pretty much clear of the remainder. 3 of the 4 will like to lead in this 4 runner race & it will be interesting which one is faster. red Avanlanches 2nd to Star rover looks good form now after SR's win at Chester. Leaning towards red avalanche at the moment in this race.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05

6.50 ABBONDANZA (1m, Class1, G/Firm) The style of running will suit Windsor as this one will be handy throughout & can dictate how the race will be run. Stepped up in class after a 14lb rise on the AW after a hat trick of wins. In the form of its life at present & has Ordnance row to beat. Ordnance row seems to like it here & won this race last year. Will be looking at the price for my selection & then decide how to play.
just took 10.0 on Betfair, that is madness!!

SportHorse Racing
Event7.20 Windsor
SelectionLake Kalamalka (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date11/05/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 6.00 (Back)
ReasoningJohn Dunlop has his string in great form at the moment and this horse represents value to repeat her success at Bath last time out. She stayed on well that day to get on top close home and the further step up in trip is sure to play to her strengths. Just 5lb higher for that victory she ought to be there abouts with Eeddie Ahern taking the ride yet again.

Was going to post this myself, Rob. It's not a race I'll play in but I think it will run a good race. When Semple sends a horse down from the north to any southern track, take note. Same applies with Jim Goldie too (and we all know what happened to Dhaular Dhar yesterday:ok). Is stepping up in class and not sure how the return to turf will suit, but has a major chance and what could be nice odds. Main reservation would be the booking of Robert Winston, I'd have been way more confident with either Tom Eaves or Paul Mulrennan in the saddle. Good luck mate. You going tomorrow?
Ian Semple has a column in the Scottish Sun on Saturdays. He talked this week about taking his chance tonight at Windsor or finding something at York, but clearly stated he feels more confident with TE or PM in the saddle as he clearly mentioned this. He also talked about how he gets them to "ride a finish" to start and to finish the races as Abbonadanza will keep finding. RW has ridden for him in the past that I can remember (Jewelled Dagger at Redcar springs to mind), just whether he can carry out the same instructions which you'd have to assume he can. I've had a few winners from it this spring, it's an old fave, I'm just not sure it'll have it all it's own way as Laa Rayb and Ordnance Row are no mugs, but the extreme frontrunning tactics may string them out. Semple's not stupid or wasteful and not going to go all the way to Windsor tonight for a laugh or to waste fuel. Wolverhampton is his usual southernmost course so any runners further south have to be taken seriously.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 5.50 Crown 11/8 blue 10 pts 4 runner race here and this is a race where hannon has a fairly good recent record in and he seems to think a fair bit of this filly. She ran moderately really at both bath and hq (fact he sent her there seems to say something.) However lto she put up an improved performance to win over c and d. These races at this time of the year are not easy to get a gage on but the signs seem to be that this one is held in some regard and could follow up. 6.50 Laa Rayb 10/3 spo 10 pts Officially the highest rated of these and made an encouraging reappearance at asc. After a really good season last year where he won a group 3 and came close in some group 2s, his third fto this season was a fair enough effort at hq. Both General Elliot and Perfect Stride who beat him are potentially improvers that day and significantly he was ahead of Ordnance Row. OR has beaten LR before but generally with a little more cut for all that OR is fine on quick group as he showed on sat. A fair bit of pace on here which is a battle that could be a key to the race but if LR wins that battle, he could go close knowing he is likely to be all the better for his recent run. 7.20 Non Dom 5/2 cor 10 pts The trainer has won this race a few times in recent years and may have targeted it again. This one has now qualified for handicaps after 3 reasonable runs over an inadequate distance in truth. He has been racing over a mile and he has regularly been outpaced before staying on a touch and in some reasonable maidens. The first one was behind Your Old Pal with types like classically and kings destiny in there as well. The second was behind one of haggas with once again a few fair types in their like everynight, petrovsky. After that was a bit disappointing on the a.w but there was no real gallop that day and that never suited him. He looks to have a fair bit of stamina in him and whilst quicker ground is an unknown, looking at some of his relations, they seemed fine of quicker ground so could get away with it and the extra few furlongs today really should help him off 65 for the first time in a handicap.

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 4.10 Wolv Leelu - David Arbuthnot's yard are in form and send out this handicap debutante here. On her debut at Lingfield she was 4th to Axel Foley, and closely matched with Mirrored, a horse that has just won a handicap off 75 for Sir Michael Stoute. Leelu is let in on 67 here. She failed to build upon that promise next time out at Kempton but bounced back with a decent second to Luckier last time out. That rival ran to a mark of around 73 on its handicap debut, the fourth has won a handicap off 69 since, and all in all I think she is handicapped to win races. Is drawn low in stall four which is ideal as she likes to lead. 11/2 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW

4.10 Wolv Leelu - David Arbuthnot's yard are in form and send out this handicap debutante here. On her debut at Lingfield she was 4th to Axel Foley, and closely matched with Mirrored, a horse that has just won a handicap off 75 for Sir Michael Stoute. Leelu is let in on 67 here. She failed to build upon that promise next time out at Kempton but bounced back with a decent second to Luckier last time out. That rival ran to a mark of around 73 on its handicap debut, the fourth has won a handicap off 69 since, and all in all I think she is handicapped to win races. Is drawn low in stall four which is ideal as she likes to lead. 11/2 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW
whoops, wrong place for that, was in a rush before the off :$

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 6.20 Windsor Carbon Hoofprint - the gelding has been running credibly in maidens this season and wasn't far behind Badge of Honour in a Lingfield maiden on his debut. That rival has made his mark in handicaps off 73, and similarly P J Makin's horse is rated 73 for his handicap debut here. On his second start he was second to John Gosden's Muraweg (rated 83 for last run) and then ran another respectable race at Brighton last time out when outpaced over a mile. The second (Brunston) has won since going handicapping (off 74) and those pieces of form hint to me he is well handicapped. This step up in trip is warranted judging by both his last effort and his breeding, and I think he looks a cracking bet at 5/1. Suggested bet: 5/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW 7.20 Windsor My experience with Black n Brew, my following of him on and off since adding him to my all-weather notebook in December, reminds me of a ten-to-two bird. After striking up an association you ponder whether to offload promptly, but dispel those niggly doubts with the prospect of future fun on the horizon. I felt he was one paced and needed further than a mile when added him into my horse tracker, but his reluctance to get his head infront has continued. He was a nose second behind Rule Brittania on his first start beyond a mile, but continues to run to a high level of consistency and is never far away so I've refuse to delete him from my notebook. His handicap mark has been edging up, despite the fact he remains a maiden after a dozen starts, but he has some decent bits of juvenile form (behind Khor Dubai and Crystal Moments) and with extra yardage tonight I am prepared to have another go as I still think his handicap rating will enable him to dance and romance and some point. 10/1 Sporting Bet, 0.5 pt EW

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 7.50 - TIMES UP John Dunlop identifies this gelding as a horse to follow this season. Only seen once last season, he ran well in a maiden towards the back end of last season when the yard was in a terrible run of form. This run was encouraging, and connections expect him to have come on after the run. Today, he faces an ordinary looking field at Windsor, and should not have too much competition. A big run is forthcoming.... 2pts win @ 7/4 Paddy Power

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 Did anyone see the 7.20 race? Robert Winston wants pulling up in front of the stewards for a piss poor ride on Black N Brew. The horse was well beaten and never looked the winner but at the 2f marker he simply downed tools, and gave up. His mount may have been in contention for a place had he been ridden to the line. This is the same Robert Winston that rode Yungaburra ever so suspicously for Stewart Parr not so long since, and the horse tonight was big drifter before the off, from 8's out to 14's in places. Watch the replay back and see what you think guys, just as bad as Spencer IMO. I know they are often eased down when its clear they have no chance, but placed money wasn't beyond him and he was in a similar position to the 4th at the point he was eased down :@ Well done woody with the winner.:clap

Thanks Mate, think its a race between Ordnance row & Abbodanza Not going tomorrow, might get there next Monday night Talking about Ordnance row, thats one of 2 C/D winners on the card as is Crown who runs in the 1st, Crown held off Tawaabb last week & they were pretty much clear of the remainder. 3 of the 4 will like to lead in this 4 runner race & it will be interesting which one is faster. red Avanlanches 2nd to Star rover looks good form now after SR's win at Chester. Leaning towards red avalanche at the moment in this race.
the 2 C/D winners all night both win!!!!!! Crown & Ordnance row!! Both ridden by Hughes & both trained by Hannon, i should always stick to what i know best!!

5.50 Crown 11/8 blue 10 pts 4 runner race here and this is a race where hannon has a fairly good recent record in and he seems to think a fair bit of this filly. She ran moderately really at both bath and hq (fact he sent her there seems to say something.) However lto she put up an improved performance to win over c and d. These races at this time of the year are not easy to get a gage on but the signs seem to be that this one is held in some regard and could follow up. 6.50 Laa Rayb 10/3 spo 10 pts Officially the highest rated of these and made an encouraging reappearance at asc. After a really good season last year where he won a group 3 and came close in some group 2s, his third fto this season was a fair enough effort at hq. Both General Elliot and Perfect Stride who beat him are potentially improvers that day and significantly he was ahead of Ordnance Row. OR has beaten LR before but generally with a little more cut for all that OR is fine on quick group as he showed on sat. A fair bit of pace on here which is a battle that could be a key to the race but if LR wins that battle, he could go close knowing he is likely to be all the better for his recent run. 7.20 Non Dom 5/2 cor 10 pts The trainer has won this race a few times in recent years and may have targeted it again. This one has now qualified for handicaps after 3 reasonable runs over an inadequate distance in truth. He has been racing over a mile and he has regularly been outpaced before staying on a touch and in some reasonable maidens. The first one was behind Your Old Pal with types like classically and kings destiny in there as well. The second was behind one of haggas with once again a few fair types in their like everynight, petrovsky. After that was a bit disappointing on the a.w but there was no real gallop that day and that never suited him. He looks to have a fair bit of stamina in him and whilst quicker ground is an unknown, looking at some of his relations, they seemed fine of quicker ground so could get away with it and the extra few furlongs today really should help him off 65 for the first time in a handicap.
nice one woody, 2 winners

Re: Windsor Mon eve 11/05 8.20 Windsor Get Carter chased home a couple of decent types on his debut in a Newmarket maiden and had Wajaha, a subsequent handicap winner off 83, behind. Tonight, Get Carter makes his handicap debut off a mark of just 68. He chased home the useful Balaagha on his second start, also at Newmarket, whilst shaping as if this step up in trip would help. His last run was a little disappointing at Doncaster but soft ground may not have been his ideal conditions, the market is giving off the right noises here and the yard are in good form. Suggested bet: 3/1 Blue Sq, 1 pt win