Set Your Sky+ Boxes

Interesting first race at Lingfield (1.40). I usually I talk about races to follow after they've run but every now and again you see a race you know will throw up winners. I believe this is one of those races. Keep this race for future reference as there will be a number of future handicap winners here. Mymumsaysimthebest - only 1l behind Campanologist at two when with Richard Hannon, missed last year now with Gary Moore. Kappalyn - another ex-Hannon now with Jim Boyle, been given a fair handicap mark (50) and his shrewd trainer will find a race for her I'm sure. Euston Square - two decent runs to date, hard to know what to make of the form LTO (yet), but looks sure to win races for John Gosden. Francis Walsingham - 140,000gns yearling with James Fanshawe, you pay 140g for a yearling and put it with it Fanshawe???! :wall. Anyway, changed hands for half that after his debut (easy introduction), should improve for his new trainer (Hughie Morrison). Roar Of The King - Jeremy Noseda newcomer for Robert Ogden. Bought for $750,000 just two months ago. Makaam - well backed (13/2 => 11/4) on debut (2nd) for Marcus Tregoning but caught a tartar in Crown Choice. Winner and 4th hacked up since. Tryst - Without doubt the most interesting. Given an easy ride when narrowly beaten in last year's Wood Ditton, not seen since. Cheveley Park do not keep maiden geldings for nothing, believe me. Tryst could be set for a decent season. Should stay further than today's 7f too. I won't be trying to find the winner today (although the last two are clearly my favs of the list), the race will be just as valuable to watch.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.