Bath 28/04/09

5.05 Bath - Lucky Leigh - e/w Similarly to Fintron, I fancy a big priced on in this Listed sprint. Lucky Leigh, from the Channon yard has had just the 5 runs so far, and has run her best races on surfaces the firmer side of good, so this G G/F in places should suit. A winner on GF on her debut at Ripon, she followed that up with a 3/4L 4th in the Queen Mary at Royal Ascot - where she led home her group of 7 who raced midtrack away from the main group. She then ran a 2 3/4L 5th in the Cherry Hinton over a furlong further and on GS going. nto here over today's C&D she ran what appeared to be a disappointing 2nd of 3 at 2/5 to Amour Propre, beaten 3/4L, but that one then went on to win the Group 3 Cornwallis at Ascot in November, so the rum doesn't seem so bad now. Amour Propre is now rated 108. Lucky Leigh rounded off the season with a last of 8 in a Listed race at Newbury in August, but that run came on GS ground which she patently doesn't like, She showed speed to halfway that day before weakening on the softened ground. Back to Bath today and the scene of her close 2nd to Amour Propre, back on ground the firmer side of good, Channon has a near 18% record in non 2 yr old races at Bath over the last 5 seasons, this Lucky Leigh is surely a better chance than the 22/1 odds currently on offer.

Re: Bath 28/04/09 I agree 5.05 Lucky Leigh 22/1 bluesq 5 pts e.w A 3 years old I like in this race. Hasnt had any runs so far this season but on early form of last season, has to be majorly respected. Won her maiden fresh and then put up a great effort in the queen mary to just miss out on the win and the places when bang in the middle of the track which personally I dont think was the place to be at the meet (she was alone there by the finish.) A horse in the windsor castle who was in a very similar place actually ran a really similar race when a bit unlucky in his race and he didnt let himself down afterwards. Then in another group 2 she lost to her less fancied stablemate when ever so slightly checked late. After that she was second here in a 3 runner race with the third an also ran but here defeat to amour propre looks fine now. On her last start she seemed to be below form on the ground but todays ground she be sounder bar really heavy ground, the suggestion of the visor suggests they want her ready for today and especially on that queen mary run she is a player here at a price.