Leicester - 25/4/09

3.05 Lively Fling 7/4 bet3 bog 10 pts Impressed with this derby entrant lto. After an ok debut in a race that worked out, he won nicely in a maiden at this very venue. The form I don’t think is amazing and the second and fourth have lost since although run fair races in defeat. However he looks a horse full of potential still and with proven form at a track which isn’t always the easiest I feel and with his trainer in amazing form, he is the pick.

Re: Leicester - 25/4/09 3.05 LEICESTER - ALCADE (1M 4F, CLASS 3, G/FIRM) only 4 runners contest this £15000 handicap & 2 from Johnston's stable. Alcade won its 2 races as a 2yo beating Heliodor on its final outing, that horse going on to win a conditions race at Newmarket in November & now rated 92. Alcade starts the season off a rating of 82 & i think has the scope to improve off that mark. Both wins were with a bit of cut in the ground so thats the only worry, as breeding suggests the trip will be ok. Apprentice Matthew Lawson rides the horse & takes 7lb off. Its stable companion Holberg looks like a miler to me at best & surprised to see it going up 4f in trip today off top weight. It is also raised 6lb for its latest win. Gosden has lively fling in the race & must be respected with the trip no problem when winning 1st time up this season over c/d. The 2nd that day Shemoli has since run well to be 2nd to Chilly Filly at Doncaster last week. The 4th horse in the race is Orbitor trained by Michael Bell & i am not sure the trip will suit this one either. Overall, the 7lb that the apprentice claims for Alcade may be the difference here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.