Haydock (eve) 25/4/09

5.40 Haydock My Mandy - I backed this one last time out at Doncaster before watching them parade, and she was all over the shop in the parade ring, looking more interested in a double cheeseburger from the burger van than giving me confidence in my bet. However, once they broke out of the stalls, she ran a pretty decent race considering and was only narrowly beaten in third. She will be learning more about her job with each run and at the third time of asking I think this Xaar filly can made an impact tonight. 9/2 Sporting Bet, 0.5 pt.

Re: Haydock (eve) 25/4/09 7.10 Haydock With 2 NR's, we are down to 14 for this 1m handicap, Class 4 0.85 event, on the round course. Wovoka is in great heart and deserves favouritism but I feel another rise in the weights might just stop this horse. Many with chances but the draw can play a factor. It would be obvious to think that low draws are favoured, and they can be if raced prominently. However, I'm going to take one drawn wide that will be held up and played late - it's interesting when you look back, how many wide drawn horses have managed to take the spoils. Before the bet, one comment - keep an eye out for Goodbye Mr Bond. Ignore this run but if it races in the same grade nto over an extra furlong, back it. So, the bet for me is: Just Bond (11/1 SportingBet) - Can't believe this horse is a double figure price. I really like this horse and think it will go really close tonight. Change of jockey too from the original booking is a huge positive for me as is its wide draw with its style of running. Has a nice course record, finished 4-3-2-1 on its 4 starts here. Likes firm ground, firmer the better so the excellent weather up north will be in its favour. This horse is a battler too, its 2 turf wins have both come with these conditions - Class 4, GF going, todays jockey and both times the horse has prevailed by a short head, meaning its mark has not been punished much. The horses record in the last 12 months when facing going with 'firm' in the description and over at least 1m has been 2-2-2-3-1-1. Form this term has been ok too, winning off 78 at Musselburgh (now racing off 80) before unplaced off this mark over inadequate trip. Trainers only runner here and I'm extremely hopeful it will produce the goods. Take the price as I think this horse could go off at around the 7/1 mark.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.