Choose your Racing Silks

Just been messing about with the Racing Colours availablilty over at the BHA. Its £37 a year to register your colours, no need to be an owner, anyone can register a set of colours. Apparantly people buy them as presents for their sons/daughters in case they own a horse in the future! http://www.britishhorseracing.com/colours/ Also some 'special' colours come up at auction every now and then http://www.britishhorseracing.com/colours/distinctive-racing-colours.asp Prices start at £750 for these. Anyway here are my colours, quite simple, My fav racing colour Dark Green and my name 'Gra'. Checked the availability and it was ok. Anyone have any registered?

Re: Choose your Racing Silks Terrific picks guys, like Nigels a lot and Billy's first choice. I thought with all the horses in training that it would be difficult to find a set that wasnt already taken, very clever all the little trimmings that allow very similar colours to be allowed. Good fun!

Re: Choose your Racing Silks

These are the ones registered in my name. colours.jpg and here they are on the original Runadrum. :ok avatar775413.gif Nothing to wear them at the moment so there's 2 sets hanging in my wardrobe, useful for fancy dress parties. :lol
Have you done point to point Avongirl ?

Have you done point to point Avongirl ?
No, only flat, although the one after Runadrum (Polyphonic) we sold on to someone who schooled her for jumping and she is now doing eventing. We never got anywhere near winning (or even placing :lol) with any. In fact, the last one never even made it to the racecourse! (All homebreds)

No' date=' only flat, although the one after Runadrum (Polyphonic) we sold on to someone who schooled her for jumping and she is now doing eventing. We never got anywhere near winning (or even placing :lol) with any. In fact, the last one never even made it to the racecourse! (All homebreds)[/quote'] I will send you a p/m have a wee look and see if anyone in pics you know ok.

previewBHAJPEG.jsp?web_colour=ffffff&web_markingcolour=006351&select_marking=13-CHEVRON&web_sleeves=ffffff&web_sleevesmarkingcolour=006351&select_sleevesmarking=03-HOOPED&web_cap=12242f&web_capmarkingcolour=ffffff&select_capmarking=NONEThe closest that I could get to the colours of one of my other favorite pastimes-Twickenham Cricket Club! Bottle Green, Silver & Black. Mowgli I think those colours look brilliant as silks!
Am liking this set the best so far...