Sandown Fri 24th April

Looks a great card to watch, pity i'll have to tape it! There is a great card at Sandown tomorrow with a number of 3yo races to look at: 1.25 Rackiteer had 2 runs at the end of last season on the AW & makes its turf debut. Gosden has been in excellent form but main jockey Jimmy Fortune doesnt ride therefore Nicky Mackay rides. This is a jockey i used to follow when apprentice at Cumani's stable however recent years he seems to have off the boil & this is the sole reason why i wont be backing the horse tomorrow. Midnight cruiser actually ran in the Racing post trophy last season but was a 100/1 no hoper on the day. Chapple Hyam's horse (thief of time) will no doubt start favourite but its a no bet race for me although interested in how rackiteer runs. 2.00 SANDOWN - SAPTAPADI (1m 2f Group 3 Class 1 GOOD) 2 horses interest me here Saptapadi & Taameer. Taameer was 2nd to Kite Wood in a Group 3 event at Ascot last october however tissue price of Evens scares me off for a trainer that has had his normal slow start wit just 1 winner from 21 to date. Saptapadi is one of Stoute's horses & the reason i hope rackiteer runs well is that this horse dead heated for 2nd on its debut with Rackiteer. They are obviously going different ways this year as this horse is entered in the Derby. Put in at the deep end here so i would expect has been going well on the gallops & can take advantage of the better trainer form that Stoute has over Tregoning. O'Briens horses have also started slowly & you have to respect one he brings across for these type of races. I think Malibu Bay will go well but its only race was on heavy ground & I would want to see its action on this fast ground before parting with money. 3.45 SANDOWN - HIDDEN BRIEF (1M 2F CLASS 4 GOOD) Only race to date was in a Yarmouth maiden last october but shaped well that day & is noted to do well this season getting a mention in Timeform's 50 to follow. It will be progressive & will win a maiden this season, the trainers recent form is good with 7 winners in last 14 days. Will hopefully get home but will be one to follow if placed. 4.20 SANDOWN - JEDI (IM 2F CLASS 3 GOOD) It is always foolish to write off Stoute in the sandown handicaps, i was here last year taking the money when Ryan rode a stoute winner in the last. Jedi's win on its 3rd & final start last season at Nottingham was on heavy ground however this ground will be fine for it & it looked to have a bit more in the tank than it showed that day with Ryan easing it home without being too hard. Classic Vintage would be the one to challenge i feel if living up to its £350k price tag, it did win here over a mile last term & should be respected.

Re: Sandown Fri 24th April Sandown 2.00 - Taameer A really exciting 3 year old this. Ran twice lairst on his debut at Newbury before running with credit next time at st year, finishing second behind Kire Wood at Ascot in another decent race. Connections were pleased with that effort, and commented that he should be highly progressive as a 3 year old. Makes his seasonal reappearance tomorrow in this Classic trial, that does not really look too strong on paper. Clearly, the Ballydoyle runner is to be respected, but Taameer is shaping to be a very decent horse. Will be a short price, maybe even a touch of odds on, but he could win this fairly well nonetheless.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.