Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch

7 pts Taylor to beat Froch @ 10/11 Skybet I can't understand why the bookies have this fight so close. Froch has fought nobody of any real note so far and although he is unbeaten this is a serious step up in class. Taylor is a former undisputed middle weight champion and accounted for the legendary Bernard Hopkins twice (going into the first contest Hopkins was unbeaten for 12 years). Any pretentions that Hopkins was shot during those bouts have been subsequently dissolved with the executioner turning in eye catching performances again Joe Calzaghe and in schooling the unbeaten Kelly Pavlik. Taylor has been KO'd by the aforementioned white ghost but again I don't see Froch in this class. I make Taylor 1/2 shot for this and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the prices on offer. On all known form Froch has to be opposed and in a big way.

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch I think you're you're spot on. That would be my analysis exactly, there's just no value in Froch at that price so my money has to go on Taylor. But, I've got a little niggle at the back of my mind that Froch is going to pull this off. He's got an excellent chin, decent punch and a fantastic workrate. All of which were Taylor's undoing against Pavlik. Are Froch and Pavlik in the same league? Well I think they're a lot closer than most would have it. If you look at what happened between Hopkins, Pavlik and Taylor i.e. Taylor beat Hopkins twice, Hopkins beat Pavlik, Pavlik Beat Taylor twice, you can start to see there's something in the old addage that 'styles make fights'. Nevertheless, I'll be having a small punt on Taylor by decision. Just a value bet. Froch would have to be out around 2.7 for me, which would make my odds on Taylor about the same as yours at 1.5. Good luck:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.