Wolverhampton 20/4/09

4.50 Wolv Flamsteed is becoming a bit of a bridesmaid but I think he is better than he showed last time out. Cecily boxed him in on the rail and he would have got closer to Green Beret with a clearer run and certainly had the beating of the Prescott runner, who reopposes here. His mark has been eased 1 lb, and that means he now has a very handy pull in the weights with Raimond Ridge for this as he looks to reverse Lingfield form when he finished a narrow third behind that rival. Happy Forever heads the market and ran in a listed race last season. Although put in her place at that level, she was off the mark in a handicap off a 1 lb higher mark prior to that. She will have blown away the cobwebs when 3rd to Ray of Joy last time out, but she was 3 lengths behind Cecily even still, and I think the percentage call is to oppose for the time being as Flamsteed may have the beating of her on a formline though Cecily. 5/1 Blue Sq

Re: Wolverhampton 20/4/09 2:10 Wolverhampton I like the look of 3 horses in this race: Watchmaker, Buscuador and Yes One. After looking through the card I've decided to go for a value bet in Yes One at 9/1. The KA Ryan trained horse has not had the best start to 2009, but the horse dosen't seem to like Kempton, so its last 2 races can be forgiven. It's back to Wolvehampton for this horse and due to its last few poor starts it can be considered very well handicaped at 66. It won last year on 67 in a class 5 and placed 2nd and 3rd repectivly in a class 5 off a mark of 71. So with it being a course and distance winner and being back on its favourite track it should go well at a decent price. The Ryan yard are in a bit of form and a decent jockey on board. Yes One has run in better races than this and with this being potentially a 3 horse race should be good value for an E/W bet. Yes One 0.5 pts E/W 9/1 betfair.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.