Thankyou slapdash

GaF

Stars have 4-player heads-up SnGs. Are these allowed? :tongue2
I didn't know about these, but after you mentioned them - thought I'd give them a go - 4 player, winner takes all - I've played 2, I've won 2 :dude Cheers :beer

Re: Thankyou slapdash

sry, i don't understand the format. can you explain ?
It's a 4 player SnG - each buying in for $5+$x. Games are knockout Heads Up - so round 1 is: Player A v Player B and Player C v Player D The winners of each game then meet in round 2 and the winner of that game wins $20.

Ah ok - I suppose the upside is that the second game is effectively a $10 game against a $5 opponent :unsure
Maybe rake advantages too? :unsure You effectively play a $5 and a $10 game but only pay rake once on the $5 :unsure

Re: Thankyou slapdash A lot of the online HU SNG pro's tend to play these with a partner to reduce variance which is fair enough. Can't really see any other major advantages/disadvantages over the normal HU SNG structure myself. Just a case of the standard 'increased variance but higher potential ROI' argument!

I didn't know about these' date=' but after you mentioned them - thought I'd give them a go - 4 player, winner takes all - I've played 2, I've won 2 :dude Cheers :beer[/quote'] You're welcome. I hadn't actually played them when I mentioned them, but I tried a couple of the $5 ones today, with one 2nd place, one win. They do seem to be very soft. The one I lost, I got involved in a big pot (that I lost) with JJ v AK when the stacks were fairly even. Now I have a better idea what the standard is like, I think I'd have tried to keep the pot a lot smaller.