MTT Team Challenge

GaF

Re: MTT Team Challenge Why not just make it a shorter declaration period of say 4 hours,if someone misses out then that's just unlucky but doubt at this level it will be anything major:unsure Personally would say no freerolls but guess that's open to discussion but needs to be decided a.s.a.p.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MTT Team Challenge

Personally would say no freerolls but guess that's open to discussion but needs to be decided a.s.a.p.
I actually dont have a problem with freerolls (with no entry requirements) - if teams are struggling, it could prolong their lives (by avoiding going under $10). What reason is there for excluding freerolls? (wasnt yours basically a freeroll tonight? :tongue2)

I actually dont have a problem with freerolls (with no entry requirements) - if teams are struggling' date= it could prolong their lives (by avoiding going under $10). For years the way we are running at the minute :rollin What reason is there for excluding freerolls? (wasnt yours basically a freeroll tonight? :tongue2)
Wasn't far off but did get charged a little;) and would never play it again it's too painful:lol Anyway mate i dont really mind as long as it's declared up front:ok

:unsure I'm a tad unsure why declaring the day before is causing so much trouble for some, but am thinking it's just a question of getting organised and into the habit?
Thiunk you have hit the nail on the head here ...... :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: MTT Team Challenge boast.th.png bet the dam thing doesnt work:tongue2 anyway just to have a quick taunt/boast about teamfoo with 4 cashes in 4 games:eek LOL....with this sandwiched - beware teamfoo on form:cow ok ok its a blatant brag post:rollin:rollin

• 2 weeks later...

Re: MTT Team Challenge I intend to "tidy up" post 1 in the next week or so - so quoting it here as a snapshot of what it says now. This version was last updated as follows: Last edited by GaF; 21-04-2009 at 22:11.

f_graphm_31edbd1.jpg OK - Who's up for it? Aux armes, citoyens, Formez vos bataillons, Marchons, Marchons!!! Teams Offer yourselves as team captains and create your teams. No limit on team numbers, as many as want to participate. Teams can be any number of players - you can even be a team by yourself if you wanted to play every night :loon I would suggest 5 players or so per team though. (Exact numbers you want will depend on frequency each of your members expect to play) Each team starts with $50 (so 5 players would need to contribute $10 each, 10 players would need to contribute $5 each, one player by themselves would need to put the full $50 If a team drops to below $10 in their bankroll, then they are eliminated from the tournament (their remaining bankroll is put up as the prize to the winners) New players (unregistered with any team so far) may be signed up by teams at any time during the tournament. They then become full and equal partners in that team. Each team captain will manage his own team funds. With minimum transfers on Pokerstars, event by event transfers of buy ins will not be possible, so a certain amount of "book transfers" and accounting will be necessary. It is each captains responsability to ensure he can transfer funds to winning teams without unnecessary delay! Teams may recruit extra players during the campaign as they wish. New teams may join the campaign as they wish. Their starting balance will be the lower of $50 or the average of all other teams. Game Selection Each team plays one MTT per day - it may be any event on any site (subject to the restrictions below). I reserve the right to amend the restrictions as I deem appropriate (and fair) during the tournament. MTT SnGs are acceptable. The team may put any team member forward they like to play the event. Members of the team, not playing for the team may participate in the same event, however they are expected to play properly against their team members at all times. This would mean that actions such as soft playing or chip dumping are considered "cheating", not just by the poker rooms, but also by the participants of this challenge. It is not compulsory for a team to play an MTT every day if they do not wish to do so - not playing obviously loses an opportunity to grow the bankroll. Each team must announce their selected game and representative, the day before each event (in the designated thread). For SnG MTTs, you must post your representative, and approximate start time in the thread the day before. You must also post the tournament number on the day, before the tournament has started. If the game is not covered by OPR then you also need to post a screenshot within 5 minutes of the start. Events count for a day from the start time. A day runs from 4am GMT to 4am GMT Teams may switch their event, on the day if they wish to the same event that any other teams are playing Team representatives can be switched at any time up until the start of the event. Results need to be posted (with screenshot) by each team, within 1 hour of the end of the tournament. Game Selection Restrictions - No Rebuys - No Satellites - No raked hand games - No bounty wins count in Team bankroll - Scoring will be USD denominated. Euro games may be played and an exchange rate of $1.30:€1 will be used. No other currencies may be played (without prior discussion/agreement) - Maximum of 10% of current bankroll may be spent on each event (not sensible bankroll management, however for the purposes of a "race", it will suffice) - the 10% is the buy in AND tournament fee. - No restricted games that are not available to all PLrs (password protected games are ok if the password is officially in the public domain on the internet) - Anything else I think of later :tongue2 Winning The winning team is the first to turn their bankroll into $500. When they win, they win the full bankroll of all the other teams. (Each team captain should transfer the full bankroll to the winning team captain on Pokerstars in a timely manner - the winning team captain then distributes as necessary amongst his team) If two teams hit $500 on the same day, then the one with the higher balance wins. What time of the day you hit your prize doesn't come into play - e.g. Team A gets to $512 at 9am but would be beat by Team B getting to $513 at 10pm Each team can distribute winnings amongst their team as they see fit. My recommendation (and how it should be if the team do not agree an alternative before the start), is that all winnings are distributed equally - this therefore implies that each team should strive for an equal contribution from all team members. Start Date Saturday 18th April. Appeals I will run this league making the best decisions I can. I will aim to always be fair, flexible and consistent (which may mean I choose not to follow the declared rules to the letter - e.g. with game declarations). However I may get it wrong from time to time and people may wish to challenge my decisions (especially as a reasonable sum of money may be involved), so the following "appeals process" will apply: - Any team may appeal any decision I make. The team captain should lodge an official appeal with me on behalf of their team. - I will either reverse my decision (and make appropriate retribution), or stand by it and set a time and date for the appeal to be heard. All team captains (or their nominated representatives) will be invited to an MSN chat at this time - Team captains will discuss the issue at hand. At the end of the discussions, team captains of all teams involved in the incident shall be asked to leave the chat (including me if it includes my team) - Remaining team captains should endeavour to come to a unanimous agreement on whether my decision was correct, and what the correction should be to fix the error if there were one. - If, after all reasonable efforts have been exhausted, a unanimous decision can not be reached, then a majority verdict can be passed. - The decision of this appeal is final and must be accepted in good faith by all members, even where they dont agree with the verdict reached. I will never take any appeals against my decisions personally, and in return, ask that you never take it personally if my decisions go against you. Confirmed Teams f_TeamRedm_d1df0a0.gif GaF (Capt) Rule Britannia aldric HappyHornet starshine Rivrd Avongirl f_TeamBlackm_d42a4cd.gif Morlspin (Capt) Samba Sampa Hooloovoo Burnley Joe Geordiegaz Pgremlin Matty Wallace TQM f_TeamBluem_7cc741b.gif Woodie (Capt) Billythepunter teaulc goater14 fonzie ooblio heniek31 f_TeamGreenm_3186197.gif Slapdash (Capt, secretary, treasurer, caretaker, mechanic, funeral director and odd job man) f_TeamUNm_5dc8d58.gif Myrie16(capt) Chatoman sugleh Warbirds Guppie f_TeamFoom_3085bcb.gif Superfoo (Capt) bigbadken Anyone think of anything I've missed, or any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Perpetual Declarations The following value added games will always be valid choices, even where not declared in advance. Where there are minor adjustments to the format (e.g. half price buy ins), then the game is still valid. Where the changes are more significant, then they will not be valid unless declared as usual in advance. I will add any games on request, however they will not be valid until the day after they are listed here. Sundays - William Hill -18:00 BST - $2,500 Added Super Series - $25+$2.50 buy in Mondays - William Hill - 19:30 BST - $1,500 Added Super Series - $15+$1.50 buy in Wednesdays - William Hill - 19:30 BST - $1,000 Added Super Series - $7.50+$0.75 buy in Fridays - William Hill - 19:30 BST - $500 Added Super Series - $2.50+$0.50 buy in Daily - Victor Chandler - 19:30 BST - $100 Money Added Tournament - $2+20c Tuesdays and Saturdays - 20:00 BST - Gnuf One Dollar Baby - $1+$0
Perpetual declarations added to post 1. Happy to add any other regular games :ok

• 2 weeks later...

GaF: How about a "Best individual performance" prize' date=' where the player with the highest ROI when the challenge is over gets a certain (small) percentage of the total bank amount?[/quote'] I think it's too late to make a change such as that now for this series, however if we do another, then an option to consider :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: MTT Team Challenge Hi all just a quick post - me and bbk are off poker at the moment so will only be playing sporadically - so expect a few blank days......sorry that i shouldve posted this earlier but kept away from anything poker realted in last few days.....be back in 24hrs no doubt lol:)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: MTT Team Challenge I cannot edit post 1 any more. Can I ask a mod please to add the following Betfred games to the perpetual declarations? Summer Tournament Series Starting the 1st of July and running until the 30th of August Betfred Poker will be running Daily tournaments with Added money to each one! Every Monday 20:00 UK Time $500 Added $1 Buy-in ( Freezeout ) Every Tuesday 14:00 UK Time $250 Added 5cent Buy-in ( Freezeout ) Every Sunday 15:00 UK Time $1000 Added Deep Stack $1 Buy-in ( Freezeout )

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few minutes this morning, so threw together a comparison of the different sites and SnG's v Scheduled. The SnG v Scheduled was the key one I was interested in - the question I was after answering was "How important is the chase for Value added games"? (the majority of scheduled games we play are value added, whereas the SnGs arent) - the answer (perhaps not unsurprisingly) seems to be "very" - game selection seems key!
Though ROI is not the only relevant statistic. I could turn $50 into $500 faster by making even money bets with a ROI of +5% than I could by making bets at odds of 4/1 with a ROI of +10%, because of the lower variance of the lower odds bets. And small field SnGs have lower variance than large field value added scheduled MTTs. Admittedly, a negative ROI is not helpful, however low the variance!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: MTT Team Challenge This event has been running since April now, so, in discussion with all of the team captains, I've decided that we'll have a short break from it. We will be on a break after this saturdays games. I'm not going to set a return date for the moment, but it is definitely only a break, and the intention is fully to return to this soon.