MTT Team Challenge

GaF

Re: MTT Team Challenge Well.... i dont know about the vast majority but i personally think we cant restrict the value added tourneys, and by the same line of tought, if the team player is playing an overlay, the other players shouldnt be penalized and they could play as well (I also think overlays are crucial for bankroll building) For example, i signed up for the pokernews 1k Add tonight almost 5 days ago (before any declaration) and i also was registered for the 8000 added WPT Venice at RedKings too, so, in my opinion we shouldnt have that kind of restriction. If by any chance, theres team play, that would be only at expense of personal profit (The big money is on the top 3 as we all know, so giving away chips in 6 handed or 5 handed would not be profitable of course) Its just my oppinion Regards

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MTT Team Challenge

I was thinking a 1-man 'team' isn't really a team too. And this is supposed to be a bit of fun TEAM competition? :unsure
Not sure I agree - it's about friendly competition - if someone is available enough (and wants) to compete daily, then I cant see it is an issue? The team aspect is almost secondary, but to bring people in to the competition who maybe couldnt play every day.

Re: MTT Team Challenge And keep the views coming on the team-mates in the same tournament - I'm not going to rush into a decision, but at the moment am moving towards the view that the restriction should be scrapped....

And keep the views coming on the team-mates in the same tournament - I'm not going to rush into a decision' date=' but at the moment am moving towards the view that the restriction should be scrapped....[/quote'] In favour of scrapping the restriction :ok Value added tournies are thin on the ground so I think it unfair to expect team mates not to play so you can make it a "team game".

Re: MTT Team Challenge As for the rules on this comp. Im easy to go with the majority. I see no harm in players from the same team playing in the same comp as long as it is clear beforehand who is representing the team. As for 1 member teams having and advantage I dont think that is true either tbh. Certainly not applicable to me as all my games will be on devilfish as I only have 3 accounts anyway and these arent the ones with all these value added tourneys that people are in - Im also only just trying to find my feet on devilfish so any pointers would be helpful - hehe thats a bit rich asking opponents for advice on comps:tongue2 Also with the addition of bigbadken I just thought it easier to share the account so its easy to sort when someone reaches the 500 target....so I will simply say which of us is playing on each night (dont suppose it makes too much difference anyway)

Today it's the Red Kings 1k added $1 game that is causing the talk. (I was planning to play it too to be honest, but for the team I'll let it go) I think this challenge is going to last a while before a team will reach $500. So it's bound to happen more often that a team will play a game that is very popular among the other teammates, especially when a team has a bankroll of $110+ (Be the Bounty, etc). I would like it if we could let go on the restriction of no other players in the same MTT, even though I can understand why GaF put it in there...
I agree totally with this. Sure it might happen that I end up on the same table as my team-mate in the challenge but it is really far-fetched that it will be in my interest to softplay him. There aren't really that many value-added tournaments and this restriction is too limiting in my view.

I would prefer to play the $1 rebuy Omaha on 32Red today then the $1 FO on Gnuf. Can we do rebuy MTT's if the buyin is really low (2% of bankroll)?
Sorry - I cannot see myself supporting the allowing of rebuys at all in this challenge. If you feel that is a minority view, you're welcome to get your captain to appeal that decision :ok

I think we should allow the rebuy tournies that allow you to only 1 rebuy and 1 add on. Unlimited rebuys is a no no imo
Hmmm - I'm more open to giving that idea some thought than unlimited rebuys - though still need some more convincing ;) The problem as I see it, is that there's no way to see/verify whether the rebuy or add on were taken - so would we assume that everything that could be taken is taken? In which case, a team that chose such an event I dont think would be making a very rational choice :unsure Is there any reason/incentive for these games? Only one I can think of that maybe there is, is the 32Red Be The Bounty - and even that's unsure (if you remember bounty's arent considered, and any non cash prizes wouldnt be considered) - if no rational team would play these games, then there's no point bothering to make the decision :tongue2

Hmmm - I'm more open to giving that idea some thought than unlimited rebuys - though still need some more convincing ;) The problem as I see it, is that there's no way to see/verify whether the rebuy or add on were taken - so would we assume that everything that could be taken is taken? In which case, a team that chose such an event I dont think would be making a very rational choice :unsure Is there any reason/incentive for these games? Only one I can think of that maybe there is, is the 32Red Be The Bounty - and even that's unsure (if you remember bounty's arent considered, and any non cash prizes wouldnt be considered) - if no rational team would play these games, then there's no point bothering to make the decision :tongue2
ok, no Unlimited rebuy MTT, but the suggestion of Woodie has more merit :) I think the BtB would be a good MTT to play. There is added value in the Guaranteed money. And if someone would win it the competition would be over (need $210 in bankroll to be allowed to play it, and if you can bag $301 + you'd have won it). There might be more MTT like this on Full Tilt or PokerStars where they work with limited rebuy guaranteed tournaments. So it could happen that a teammember would want to select one of those I think? Proof of rebuy/addon used.... Can you read it in the game log?

I dont think there's anywhere that lists your rebuys/add ons
Haven't ever had a rebuy or an add-on but is there not some sort of confirmation message on your screen even if it isnt actually listed? :unsure If there is, could you not screenprint that? (or would that be difficult/?)

Can you read it in the game log?
I really dislike the idea of having to trawl through hand histories for details of buy-ins/add-ons :unsure
Haven't ever had a rebuy or an add-on but is there not some sort of confirmation message on your screen even if it isnt actually listed? :unsure If there is, could you not screenprint that? (or would that be difficult/?)
So that proves when you do take an add-on (and declare it), but what's really needed is proof of missing ones :unsure I'm worried it could be too easy to miss declaring rebuys and add ons (accidentally as well as deliberately) :unsure

Re: MTT Team Challenge I might be missing something but isn't this a forum built on trust? If we don't trust someone to tell us they had a $1.10 rebuy and $1.10 Add-on... or NOT. Then surely there is something wrong? I won't be playing any re-buys though!

I really dislike the idea of having to trawl through hand histories for details of buy-ins/add-ons :unsure So that proves when you do take an add-on (and declare it), but what's really needed is proof of missing ones :unsure I'm worried it could be too easy to miss declaring rebuys and add ons (accidentally as well as deliberately) :unsure
Could have picked any one of GAFs quotes as thereare a few good points. Just to say I am not in favour of rebuys. I don't see the need for them, no easy way of confirming what was and wasn't taken (it is not a question of trust) and really cant see how they are favourable if limited (there has to be some limit to ensure the 10% rule wasn't broken). Ultimately I think the competition is working right now and no need to change. There is enough of a range of tournies to choose from without including rebuys :ok

Re: MTT Team Challenge I'm going to stick to "no rebuys" (your team captains can challenge that if you feel strongly about it). Mainly because: - I dont see any significant benefit to allowing them, or any significant reason teams would want to play them - I think there are enough (maybe too many) "rules and regulations" in this already - I want to keep it simpler - and "no rebuys" is a lot easier than "no rebuys except .....". Quite a few players seem to be getting confused by the set up as it is and I just dont want to make it any more complex.

Re: MTT Team Challenge At the risk of making it more complex, can I suggest that any added value game which is in the PL daily diary does not need to be declared the day before. If I understand it correctly, the intention of the early declaration is so that a team doesn't pull an added value game out of the bag and not give other teams chance to enter. Obviously if it's in the diary all teams should be aware of its existence and have chance to get in. So for instance, teaulc's late choice tonight (had it not been ineligible anyway due to RH) would have been OK.

I'm going to stick to "no rebuys" (your team captains can challenge that if you feel strongly about it). Mainly because: - I dont see any significant benefit to allowing them, or any significant reason teams would want to play them - I think there are enough (maybe too many) "rules and regulations" in this already - I want to keep it simpler - and "no rebuys" is a lot easier than "no rebuys except .....". Quite a few players seem to be getting confused by the set up as it is and I just dont want to make it any more complex.
ok, no problem :tongue2

At the risk of making it more complex, can I suggest that any added value game which is in the PL daily diary does not need to be declared the day before. If I understand it correctly, the intention of the early declaration is so that a team doesn't pull an added value game out of the bag and not give other teams chance to enter. Obviously if it's in the diary all teams should be aware of its existence and have chance to get in. So for instance, teaulc's late choice tonight (had it not been ineligible anyway due to RH) would have been OK.
Yes - you're right - from the principal of not springing games on us, there should be no reason to declare :ok I do think it's also interesting to have a list in advance of where people are playing though :unsure If we almost totally remove any need for people to declare, I'm guessing far fewer will bother :unsure I'm a tad unsure why declaring the day before is causing so much trouble for some, but am thinking it's just a question of getting organised and into the habit? Maybe the declarations are a large part of the confusion for some? Maybe we should think of abandoning that and saying that just games in the diary, non value added games, and games posted in the diary thread the day before, can be played? And you just announce your game before the start?