MTT Team Challenge

GaF

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MTT Team Challenge Just an update for anyone looking to join a team who hasn't done so yet. I think Team GaF, Team Sth and Team Tortoise are pretty happy with the numbers they currently have. Team NE may be looking for a couple more. But anyone who wants to can create a new team :ok

Re: MTT Team Challenge I will play if anyone is interested, but i dont want to create a team or be a 1 player team, so, if theres a free spot in some team, ill take a shot at it. BTW, i was going to sign up for the south team (Cause im from South America) but they're full, so.. any takers? :unsure

Re: MTT Team Challenge

I will play if anyone is interested, but i dont want to create a team or be a 1 player team, so, if theres a free spot in some team, ill take a shot at it. BTW, i was going to sign up for the south team (Cause im from South America) but they're full, so.. any takers? :unsure
If teams are all full, I would be prepared to shift my allegiance and captain a new team - Team UN This way we could include a few more in what should be a fun PL challenge :ok We could take a few more but max 5 (makes my maths easier :tongue2) ...... of course Im relying at least on you joining the team Chatoman ..... any others still want to get involved ?? Come on Warbirds ....... you know you want to !!!

Re: MTT Team Challenge

If teams are all full' date= I would be prepared to shift my allegiance and captain a new team - Team UN This way we could include a few more in what should be a fun PL challenge :ok We could take a few more but max 5 (makes my maths easier :tongue2) ...... of course Im relying at least on you joining the team Chatoman ..... any others still want to get involved ?? Come on Warbirds ....... you know you want to !!!
Yup.... Count me in!!! Team UN, nice :)

Re: MTT Team Challenge - Starting Saturday 18th April Ok - the challenge seems to be falling nicely into place - so I'll confirm a start this Saturday :ok Suggest we have a thread for each day for teams to list their participants, events and results (I suggest a thread is created by the first person/team to declare their game - rather than needing to wait for me or someone else to create a thread) - I'll collate a league table from this (in a different thread). League tables wont necessarily be updated daily (though knowing me probably will be :wall :wall :wall). My initial thoughts was that all the team members transfer funds to their team captain (probably in Pokerstars) who holds the balance and provides funds to the players as necessary - in practice, this will be tricky, especially early, as transfers fall below the minimum. I therefore propose that each team captain thinks about it and manages the funds as they see fit for their team - however responsability remains with the captain to transfer funds at the conclusion in a timely manner. For my team, my intention is to receive no initial funds from players, but keep track of player funds in Excel. If a member has a win, then I will ask for funds to be transferred, so that I am never owed too significant an amount of money. At the end, then all outstanding debts will need to be settled by the players.

Re: MTT Team Challenge - Starting Saturday 18th April Just to be clear from the start as well - entry does not close when we start - so extra teams/players are free to join if they wish after we have started.

Re: MTT Team Challenge - Starting Saturday 18th April

Just to be clear from the start as well - entry does not close when we start - so extra teams/players are free to join if they wish after we have started.
If all existing teams had a dreadful start, then a new team starting with $50 would have an advantage. Can I suggest that teams joining after it has got going start with $50 or the average of the existing teams' banks, whichever is smaller? Or something like that? Also, you've said that MTT SnG's are OK, and teams intending to play these should say what kind of SnG and roughly what time they intend to play. Can I suggest that in this case they should also post a screenshot of the lobby shortly after they start playing, as in the SnG Challenges?

If all existing teams had a dreadful start' date=' then a new team starting with $50 would have an advantage. [b']Can I suggest that teams joining after it has got going start with $50 or the average of the existing teams' banks, whichever is smaller? Or something like that?
Done :ok
Also' date=' you've said that MTT SnG's are OK, and teams intending to play these should say what kind of SnG and roughly what time they intend to play. Can I suggest that in this case they should also post a screenshot of the lobby shortly after they start playing, as in the SnG Challenges?[/quote'] I'm not sure a screenshot is necessary (if it's on Full Tilt or Pokerstars) - so long as the tournament number is posted before the tourney starts, then the full result is confirmable on OPR. If it's a site without OPR coverage, then yes, a screenshot of the tourney within 5 mins of the start in addition to posting the tournament number before the start is a good idea :ok (if we give 5 mins for a screenshot only, then there's the potential for players to go all in first hand or two and see the result before deciding to declare or not - I dont believe anyone on PL would do that, but better that the option isnt there)

Game Selection Restrictions - Maximum of 10% of bankroll may be spent on each event (not sensible bankroll management, however for the purposes of a "race", it will suffice)
Does a "bankroll" here mean the initial bankroll or the bankroll at any given time? If an inital bankroll of $50 is down to $25, can a team buy into a game for $5 or $2.50 maximum?

Does a "bankroll" here mean the initial bankroll or the bankroll at any given time? If an inital bankroll of $50 is down to $25' date=' can a team buy into a game for $5 or $2.50 maximum?[/quote'] Bankroll at any given time. If down to $12 then maximum outlay possible is $1.20

Bankroll at any given time. If down to $12 then maximum outlay possible is $1.20
:ok Also inclusive of rake - so a $2+$0.20 game would not be allowed if you had $20 left

Team UN are recruiting :ok
Got him now :ok So we have the 5 I was hoping for and ready to kick some ass ..... we are not your friendly peacekeepers !!!

Have updated post 1 to include the changes from discussions here - anything look wrong/missing to anyone?
A couple of things: How to keep track of bounties, when applicable? This often does not show in lobbies and probably not on OPR etc. We would have to rely on each individual to report accurately? Say two teams reach more than $500 on tournaments starting the same day...but one does not finish until the next day (goes on until after midnight). I take it that if this team reaches a higher balance they are the winners even if technically the tournament finished the next day?

Re: MTT Team Challenge - Starting Saturday 18th April Hmmm....bounties - tempted to exclude them as a possibility. A "day" runs from 4am GMT until 4am GMT for the purposes of this. The finish time of a tournament doesnt matter - it is the start time that defines which day a tournament falls within.

Re: MTT Team Challenge - Starting Saturday 18th April Am going to make another ammendment to the first post: The reasoning behing the 24 hour declaration is to stop teams competing in game selection - i.e. finding a game with large added value, keeping it to themselves and then jumping in 1 minute before the start. So within the spirit of that teams may at any time (even on the day) switch the game they are playing to the same game as another team (so long as their scheduled start time has not passed for the original game). In addition, the person nominated to play in a teams game can be changed right up until the start. (that's less important in the 24 hour declarations than the game)

Have also added clause that bounty winnings are not added to team bankroll.
OK ...... thought that might be coming :( Time for plan B :dude

Re: MTT Team Challenge - Starting Saturday 18th April starshine and Rivrd joined TeamGaF - also an invite out for Avongirl if she wishes :hope That'd take us to 7 - 1 game per player per week - so I'm going to say that's our capacity.