Next Monday - WHY !

This is something that annoyed me profusely last year as well if I remember correctly, and it frustrates me to see the same is happening again this year. The flat season starts on 28th March - excellent. However, I dont see why there should still be so many AW fixtures just after the initial commencement of the turf flat season. The flat meetings coming up: Sat: Doncaster and KEMPTON - Why have a perfectly good flat card on the AW at Kempton. We have the start of the turf, fcukin race on the turf and leave the AW for the winter. Sun: Doncaster and 2 jumps. I think this is the first time in a hell of a long time that we have had a flat meeting at all on the Sunday after the Lincoln but cant be sure. Mon: 1 jumps and Wolverhampton and Southwell. 2 all weather meetings and no turf meetings, I mean WTF. The AW has been going all through the winter, the turf flat season starts and we have 2 AW meetings on the same day with no turf meetings. I just dont see the logic. There are a few other points that I could make, but I think the 2 all weather meetings on the Monday is the most ridiculous bit of scheduling straight after the start of the season. Is there a specific reason for this, or do they just do it to annoy people. Been waiting to get that off my chest :loon

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.