Kempton - 23/3/09

2.40 Dreamy Sweeney 15 pts. Dreamy Sweeney runs in a 7 runner race tomorrow and I fancy his chances somewhat. This former pointer who once had a victory over foxhunters winner cappa bleu in that arena has shown some definite signs of some ability over hurdles. In his first hurdle run he was still travelling well behind a top sort in karabak before unfortuantely being brought down. After that he encountered karabak again and was well put in place when beaten some way in fifth but to be fair his fifth was a solid enough effort. The top 7 that day have all shown ability at times. After that he was a faller once again on heavy ground when beaten late on but once again that was amongst a couple of smartish sorts who were in front by some way and with an unexposed runner in third. Today he runs on faster ground than he has run on over hurdles so far but apparently he has encountered good ground in his point days so not massively concerned about that. He has had some unfortunate mishaps so far over hurdles but in the context of this field DS looks the stand out to me. BK perhaps chief rival but after all he wasnt good enough off 115 in a handicap lto and DS I see as a fair bit ahead of such a level.

Re: Kempton - 23/3/09 5.00 Kempton This isn't a race I will be rushing back from work for but I think there are a couple that are worth backing. The ones with winning form around the 3m trip in this class 4 chase worth £3,578 to the winner are Super Lord (25f), Sesame Rambler (27f), Syncopated Rhythm (26f) and Jacardo (24f). Only five runners contest the prize, the one without winning form is David Pipe's even money favourite Power King. Super Lord has won off 8 lb higher in the past (Warwick Dec'07)but he has won going right-handed before at Wexford. He has won on good ground at Bangor and the trip is fine for him, however there are question marks about his current well being as he has pulled up on both of his last starts. Sesame Rambler won last time out at Fontwell off a 4 lb lower mark over further but has won over 3m too before in the past. He is running in the same grade here and given he has won on good ground before his current price tag makes considerable appeal. The form of his last race has been boosted by the second, Hazeljack, who won next time out and Robert Walford's mount has won at Taunton before to suggest this right handed track may not necessarily inconvenience. Syncopated Rhythm has been dropped a pound from his last start which puts him 7 lbs higher than when winning at Hereford in December. He pulled up at Folkestone at January when his mark was raised by then bounced back a little to finish sixth at Leciester in this grade last time out. He was beaten by 40 lengths but after being hampered early, at least he completed the race. Jacardo won off 9 lbs higher as recently as November after landing a handicap chase at Towcester. That win came over shorter although he was a winner over three miles back in 2006 and although all of his wins have come with soft in the going description, he does look very well handicapped. He was dropped to 77 last time out and wasn't beaten far over this trip at Leciester when 3rd of 11 which suggested another good outing could be imminent as he only faded away at the final fence. Although the Pipe runner dominates the betting he is a rookie chaser with only one previous run over fences. Admittedly he did run a cracking race last time out when beaten by a head over course and distance and the handicapper has taken note by landing him with a 7 lb rise. However, the fact of the matter remains he does not have winning form around this trip yet and he doesn't fall into the list of possibles for consideration. If he wins the race then fair play - he is one of the statistical freaks that my methods are vulnerable to. Some fantastic prices are available for the remainder and my bets are: Sesame Rambler - 9/2 Boyle, 0.55 pt Syncopated Rhythm - 5/1 Sporting Bet, 0.2 pt Jacardo - 10/1 Boyle, 0.25 pt

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.