WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2009 Bets

Right I have done a few of these now both for NH and the flat and so far they have gone quite well so :hope for another decent season. What Im going to do differently here is change the staking plan. Im despensing 15pt win and 7.5 pt e.w for what I consider normal bets and going for 10 pt win and 5 pt e.w instead. However on ocassions ie. bigger meetings perhaps, bbotm and just generally stonger feelings I will double the staking plan for a particular selection. Im aware the season doesnt officially start until next week but with some decent action on the a/w today in the lead up to the lincoln and then some quality action from Dubai, I will start of now. One to begin with: Ling 2.35 Elnawin 3/1 sj bog 10 pts This horse looked very good towards the end of last season. He won his last two races and they were top races too. The big sales race he won he may have been an outsider in but he won well enough that day beating todays rival Damien who was in fourth and a really solid yardstick in stablemate Bonnie Charlie. Then he won despite the rider losing the reins so could have been better than the margin suggests for his group win lto which looks solid form on the a.w. The horse he beat has been a revelation in the states and very nearly won at the breeders cup, the third is still a horse of lots of potential and the fourth is a 100+ rated horse. Damien is a clear rival here who warrants respect but it remains to be seen quite if he will get 7f or is just a sprinter. Elnawin also is unproven at this trip but judging by the way he saw at that stiff finish at the july course over 6f I think 7f is more in his radar than perhaps Damien. I presume Dobbs keeps the ride as he has won twice on him before and he may well win again despite top weight here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.