Advanced HUD for tourneys

GaF

HUDS have historically not been a huge help in tourneys .... maybe that's about to change though :loon I've worked through the Advanced HUD for Cash here - Hud. On the same thread on the Pokertracker web site (http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11188) they've launched the Advanced HUD for tourneys (it's been removed for the moment while they fix a bug, but guess it will be back in a day or two). There are stats broken down by Harringtons M Zones:

These are stats by M. M is defined in Harrington On Holdem as the ratio of your stack to the cost of going around the table once. So if the blinds are 100/200 and you have a stack of 900 you have an M of 3 ( 100+ 200 = 300, 900 / 300 = 3). If the blinds are 500/1000 with an ante of 100 and the table is 5 handed, and you have a stack of 6000, you also have an M of 3 (500 + 1000 + 100 * 5 = 2000, 6000 / 2000 = 3). I won't try and duplicate the analysis in HoH, but the idea is that there are different regions and you should play differently based on your M. When your M is lower, you need to be more aggressive. I've split up the table into 5 M groups, three of which are taken directly from Harrington's analysis: The Red Zone, where your M is less than 5. The Orange Zone, where your M is between 5 and 10. The Yellow Zone, where your M is between 10 and 20. The Green Zone I've altered slightly as it's now when your M is between 20 and 50, and the new zone is the Blue Zone, where your M is greater than 50.
These are the new stats:
Of the stats that are built, several are familiar, but a few are new, and built because from my experience (and discussions with a few people who focus on playing tournaments), these are more useful in tournament settings. The new stats are: Push All-In PF - This is the percentage of the time a player pushes all-in preflop divided by the number of hands they've seen. Please note this is the number of times they actually bet all of their chips. If Player A is in the small blind with 10000 chips and player B is in the big blind with 2000 chips and player A bets 3000, it doesn't count as an all-in. Also, in the same spot if player B calls, that wouldn't count for him as he called, he didn't push. Bets larger than the effective stack didn't seem necessarily worth adding here as it might be too confusing in multi-way spots when one player is particularly short. (Imagine a player with an M of 2 who is in late position, and someone raises in EP to 3xBB . . . that shouldn't count as a push if his and everyone else's M is 20.) Call PF All-In - This is the percentage of the time a player calls a preflop all-in push from an opponent. Once again, note that they must have bet all of their chips, not bet all of your chips. Call Off Stack - This stat is across all streets, not just preflop. The numerator is the number of times a player called a bet that would put him all in, and the denominator is the number of times he's faced such a bet. These bets may or may not put you all-in. Another Note One hand can count towards both Call PF All-In and Call Off Stack. If Player A is in the small blind with 10000 chips and player B is in the big blind with 2000 chips and player A bets his entire stack and player B calls, this counts as both a Call PF All-In and a Call Off Stack. Flop Fold in Big Pot - A pot is defined to be big if and only if the effective stack on the flop is less than the size of the pot, and nobody is all in preflop. So for example: If the pot is 13000 and the remaining stacks are 12000 and 50000, it's a big pot since the effective stack size is 12000 and that's less than the pot. This stat is the percentage of the time someone folds for any reason on the flop in a pot like this.
I can see these stats being pretty useful (if the sample size isnt always too small)