Southwell 12/3

2:30 I think Rocketball is a great price at around 10/1 to land the opener, i normally dont pay much attention to times but he was nearly a second faster finishing 4th than colorus my second fancy last time and with amy baker takin 5lb ill deffinately be on, i think its interesting that he's been turned out so soon 2 which he never has been before. 3:05 I think Gone Hunting would be favourite here if he had a fibresand run under his belt, his in cracking form and hes related to winners on the surface so he should have no problem with it, i think he'll take all the beating. 3:45 I find it hard to look past L'arco Baleno here, i think he might have a bit of class in a poor race after finishing a good 3rd over 6 at lingfield on his only start he is also related to winners on this surface and can prove 2 much for these. 4:25 A 7lb rise may not be enough to stop Arganil here, hes the only unexposed horse in the field and he may even have a bit more improvement in him, the surface shouldnt be a problem. 5:05 I fancy Swiss Art here for M johnston, hes lightly raced and was a good second at wolverhampton last time, hes also related to winners on fibresand and can take all the beating. 5:35 A poor race here but something has to win and ill go for Haroldini to complete the placepot, he was a good second in the finaly here 2 starts back when B1 filled the 200/1 placepot for me to pick up 2k so ill stick with him with R winston an interesting jockey booking.

Re: Southwell 12/3 2.30 Southwell With negatives over most of these and several non-runners I think Guto looks a very good bet at the price. His profile shows that he does his best work when a claimer is on top, and today Kelly Harrison takes off 5 lbs for him. He is one of four course and distance winners in the field but Russian Rocket may be a tad exposed and Weet A Surprise may need a run. Colorus benefitted greatly from Andrea Atzeni's valuable claim last time out but I think he is back to square one now Paul Pickard takes over in the saddle and I will glady oppose him with Bill Ratcliffe's runner who chased him home in third that day and was only a neck behind his stablemate. He is 2 lb lower than when he won here in November and even if you take into account claimers allowances he still looks feasibly treated here. Punching could be the danger but rarely wins, and I think Guto looks an each way bet to nothing here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.