Sandown - 7/3/09

Dont think there is a thread. 2.05 Keki Buki 8 cor 7.5 pts e.w I like Big Earned Fran too but Im not too sure about him at this trip at this stage of his career yet.Anyway this is what I said about this one earlier this season, ‘Impressive in one bumper win when beat calgary bay who has since proven to be a good hurdler and could be an arkle player this season. Indeed considered good enough to run in chelt. bumper and start just 16/1 for an eng. trained horse. Disappointed a bit there especially as 80/1 stablemate was good enough to be 8th so one imagines he may not have quiet performed as expected or after that. however over hurdles has made an encouraging start. Ran into diamond harry who hismelf had some nice bumper wins and was a class appart at uttox. but still keki buku ran well enough that day. Lto he got off teh mark with a comfortable enough win, another bumper formline in conflcitofinterest (probably needs it quicker) was behind. Difficult to read too much into whether 119 will prove lenient or tight at this stage on handicap bow but certainly there is no reason why he cant improve even more, ground no problem, the testing nature of the track also should suit as he shapes like a horse who may need a trip at one point.’ I still feel he is fairly handicapped and place claims at least for me in this race. 3.10 Mr Thriller 5 var 15 pts The Pipes dominate this race and this is their no.1 today seemingly and the one they have backed all week. A former listed place horse, he has been most impressive on both his starts over here. He beat the then well fancied black jacuri who has since turned out ungenuine really but he still beat him well with the pair a long way clear. Then he beat stow and ski Sunday convincingly and that form couldn’t have worked out better with stow clearly a good guide and he has won since not to mention he was second behind zaynar even less than what he was MT. Ski Sunday has also won two nice races since and Mr Thriller’s convincing win over them now looks good form. It snot easy against older horses here but he looks a classy act here and given the pipe’s record warrants major respect. Prince Taime 19 wh bog 7.5 pts e.w This is what I wrote about this one when a meeting was off he was supposed to be last time. ‘Very competitive looking handicap, could make a claim for half a dozen in this one but prince taime is lightly raced and probably a horse who there has not been the best seen of yet. PT was fairly impressive in a couple of wins last season with one notable success over the very talented ouzbeck, a good chaser and 140+ rated hurdler, a formline that suggests 126 isnt the harshest rating of all time. This season he put up a fair effort fto when behind a couple of useful sorts in khyber kim and helens vision and staying on well having been given quite a fair bit to do. Similar hold up tactics could quite work lto at asc. in a slightly unusual tactical race behind the two trail blazers although his 8th wasnt that bad a run. Significantly though he was johnson's choice that day even though the yard had the majorly gambled on eventual second. That suggests he is quite well thought of and I can also see the stiff finish suiting his hold up tactics for chances of a place at the least.’ I feel he has decent e.w claims today.

Re: Sandown - 7/3/09

SportHorse Racing
Event2.05 Sandown
SelectionBAKBENSHER
Strength1pt ew
DateSat 7th March
Bookmaker/Price5/1
Reasoning Trainer Alan King has aimed at this race since the horse won over 2m 3f at Newbury back in December over 2m 3f. The form was well franked last week when Captain Americo (2nd) won nicely at Kempton. Probably suited by a bit of cut in the ground, but should go very well.

SportHorse Racing
EventSandown 2.05
SelectionCLAY HOLLISTER
Strength1pt ew
DateSat 7th March
Bookmaker/Price14/1
ReasoningYou can never underestimate Nicky Henderson's horses, he had 2 winners here yesterday & this selection has already won at the track this season & will like the ground. Has the added bonus of Champion Jockey McCoy on board also. Looks a big price at 14's EP.

Sport

HORSE RACING

Event

Sandown 3.10

Selection

NUMIDE

Strength

1pt EW

Date

Sat 7th March

Bookmaker/Price

9/2 Bluesq

Reasoning

Gary Moore has a habit of landing the big Saturday handicaps & runs 2 in this. Numide was 4th behind Sentry Duty in The Ladbroke at Ascot & that looks solid form this season with the winner likely to line up in the Champion Hurdle next week. Moore has made no secret of the fact he is thinking of the Bonus available if Numide can win this race & a race at Cheltenham.

SportHorse Racing
EventSandown 3.10
SelectionSEVEN IS MY NUMBER
Strength1pt EW
DateSat 7th March
Bookmaker/Price6/1
ReasoningPipe has admitted the horse is difficult to train but the ground has come good for this one & off bottom weight has a great chance. Hasnt ran for a year but has won 1st time out in both seasons.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.