Horses that bring back fond memories

Just read TopCat's post in the "Who Are We Thread" and he posted a few horses with special memories for him so which horses hold special memories for you and why. Corbiere- My first Grand National winner picked at the age of 7. Don't know how I came to pick it but I would always be glued to the racing from a very young age and would look forward to the weekend watching racing at my Nan's house with my father and and uncle West Tip - My second Grand National winner. Hard To Figure - My old man used to follow this horse and was convinced he would win the Ayr Gold cup in 2003 and it did so at 12/1 but we backed it at 16's. Burgundy - Came out of hospital in 2004 and lived with my sister for a bit to aid a quick recovery. My niece Josie was 2 at the time and we would spend most of the day playing together and watching ATR of course. This one day I noticed a horse called Burgundy running at Lingfield and this was also the name that Josie gave to one of her My little ponies. I noticed him finishing strongly at the back of the field and so became a follower and it gave me many nice wins. Celtic Mill - My old mans mate Tiger told me about this horse and said it was a dead cert at something like 6/4 I backed it and it won handsomely and again this then became a horse that I followed and had some nice returns including once at 16/1 and once at 10's. Quito- This is a horse I started following after it beat Celtic Mill and he remains an all time favourite of mine. Had many wins with him at big prices and was horrified to see him back out of retirement this year when he should be out grazing in pastures green somewhere, preferably nice and warm.

Re: Horses that bring back fond memories Slip Anchor...........the first Derby I watched live on telly.........sneaking out of work to the betting shop I was already about 30 years old but had never been interested enough in racing to watch the Derby before...........:loon Pebbles and Dancing Brave..........great filly and colt from my first few years following the sport. Generous and Suave Dancer.........mopping up all the european group one races between them........

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.