Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09

fintron

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 8.20 Wolv Wine 'n Dine - this isn't a very imaginative pick but is one i've been following throughout his handicap career. He picked up a couple of class 4 handicaps around the turn of the year and although 3rd off this mark last time out at Lingfield, I don't think you can totally write him off because he didn't get the race run to suit and wasn't beaten far regardless. He has been very progressive this season and I don't think you can write him off yet, even though he is yet to win in the grade. He looks open to much more improvement than some of those in opposition, who have been running in sellers and claimers (Blacktoft, Wind Flow and United Nations) or haven't won in an age (Boo). Spirit of Adjisa is the only potential danger in my opinion but he hasn't acheived as much as Wine 'n Dine to date and must prove this leap in class is warranted. I'll take the Gary Moore horse to bounce back. 6/4 Paddypower 8.50 Wolv Plush - another one of my favourite all-weather horses, he is prolific over 9f at Wolves. He has gone from strength to strength this season and understandably the handicapper has taken note, burdening him with another 11 lbs after a walk-in-the-park win last time out. Richard Kingscote is on again today after their win together last time out and with the Tom Dascombe yard in top form at the minute I'll take him to add a fifth CD win here. 7/4 Stan James

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.