Wolverhampton 23/2

chris34

:gimme 2.10 Tyrannosaurus Rex looks to have a good chance again today to go close again, looked as though the 6lb extra last time just was too much but back today off a much looking mark and has a good chance of a place! Tyrannosaurus Rex 1pt win (maybe e/w market dependant) 2.40 Silk gallery is very inconsistent but if puttng best foot forward is another for place claims here today, has been placed 50% of the time! Silk gallery 2pt e/w 3.10 Brouhaha is hatrick seeking and what seems to be a very small rise in just 3lbs and would seem to love this track. Brouhaha 2pt win 3.40 Just jimmy has recieved a 5lb rise in handicap which could be enough to can him today but i feel could be worth a shot again today its a bit of a step up in trip but cant really see it being a problem. Just jimmy 1pt win 4.10 Badge of honour is favourable on weights here today and was unlucky last time out only beaten by a neck at lingfield so aslong as can convert similar poerformance to wolverhampton would be a surprise to see him run away with this one! Badge of honour 4pt win 4.40 Lords a leaping is a very interesting new comer half brother to majehar who is a winner over this distance, so aslong as horse is fit and ready for race would be interesting to see how he goes here! Lords of leaping 1pt e/w 5.10 Morbick looks in reasonable form to ping at any moment, handicapper been reasonable in my opinion for not giving him any extra for 2 decentish performances, has won over 1m1f in past so putting it all together would see him go very close today! Morbick 1pt win

Re: Wolverhampton 23/2 2.10 Wolverhampton Opening race, with 13 runners in this fast & furious 5f sprint handicap, Class 5. Derek Shaw runs 3, and 2 of them, Perlacy & Tyrannosaurus Rex should be vying for favouritism. I would oppose both of them in this grade off their current marks but I still think the trainer could win this with its other runner. Almaty Express has won this race 3 years on the trot but seems on the downgrade now and I couldn't back it at its current price. Another trainer has 3 in this, Parr, but none of which could be backed with confidence. So, my EW bet in this field is: Know No Fear (RPF 7/1) - Currently 12/1 on the exchanges and that is a cracking price for this horse. Is probably the trainers 3rd string but, for me, the one that holds the best chance. Good jockey booking and decent draw in 6, especially where early position and inside berth is crucial. A lightly raced type with only 13 races under its belt, it is open to improvement. Yet to win in 4 starts on the AW but this is its easiest assignment to date. Won its first ever handicap off 71, won its other race off 72, races off 72 today so looks well handicapped. Been campaigned exclusively in Class 3 or 4 so this drop to Class 5 in its favour, along with the 3lb drop in the weights. A look at its last 3 races (all on the AW) show patchy form but enough to suggest a big run. 4th of 7, last of 9 and 6th of 8 on those runs but in much better races than this. Ran well at Great Leighs but 2L 4th off 77, but a poor run nto at Lingfield. I excuse that run as the jockey stuck to the unfavoured inside. Over this C&D 10 days ago off 75, finished 6th but ran well enough there. Race fit and dropped in grade and mark, any double figure price looks great value here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.