best bet of the day sat 21/2/09

fintron

3.30 Newcastle - Eider 4m 1f handicap chase here, possibly on heavy going, and it looks interesting even if there are a lack of runners rated near the 150 ceiling. This is a race that has thrown up Comply or Die and Philson Run in recent years, who have gone on to run well in the national and although Harmony Brig doesnt hold an entry for Aintree I think he could run a big race tomorrow. Top rated animals have done well in this race in recent years with Comply or Die, Nil Desperandum and Thyneandthyneagain all carrying 11-12 around on their way to victory. Recent winners have tended to be aged 9-10 and most had won over 3m+ going into the race. A couple interest me but Harmony Brig is the one for me with proven form at the track over both hurdles and fences. He's from a decent yard, has proven stamina over three miles, has course winning form, acts on soft/heavy ground, is only 4 lbs higher than his highest ever winning chase mark and showed he is in good heart with a rallying effort to win last time out. I took 16's earlier in the week on this one when posted in the ante-post thread. I have taken EW, but am looking for a win to move up the table so for the purposes of the comp, 1 pt win

Re: best bet of the day sat 21/2/09 310 kempton - Hold Em - each way jumped poorly lto still finished 3rd, if improves jumping can go close. This is a less testing track than <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cheltenham <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.