Southwell 17/2

Spooner

Re: Southwell 17/2 14:30 - Great Tsar Great Tsar has been unlucky not to ever win a race in 17 runs, He went through a spell a couple of months back of 2nd's, He was beating quite a way in two of them. I still think he has a race in him, he is fairly consistent without actually winning as I mentioned. Jack Doyle is on board today and he is a decent jock, hopefully brings some improvement out of him which will see him score here. @ 4/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: Southwell 17/2 The other three I will be backing today is AP McCoy's mounts, He comes here for three rides today and they all look to have pretty decent claims. He rides two for Jonjo, Another Brother has decent claims in the 16:00, A clear second last time out, Stepping back in trip which will be fine & the ground will be in his favour. Minella Theatre 16:30 for Henrietta Knight should be there or there abouts, had some solid performences in better grade races, still to break maiden tag but the booking of AP suggests this one is going the right way. Finally in the bumper Gibraltar Star 17:00 ran ok on his debut at Ludlow when 2nd and will improve, its hard to know how good that form as alot of the horses haven't been out again yet, I guess we will know a bit more after today. 16:00 - Another Brother 4/1 16:30 - Minella Theatre 13/8 17:00 - Gibraltar Star 5/2 Bet365 (bog)

Re: Southwell 17/2 3.00 Shining Gale 2.2 bet3 bog 15 pts Has to give weight to some of these and giving such weight to the two King runners in particular wont be easy. However Shining Gale in his brief chase career has already put up some nice chase form. He won well three starts back and then eventually won well at chelt having been with Herecomesthetruth at the last. However the mere fact he was with the PN runner before he ran out at the last has to read very well given that PN runner has subsequently won a grade 1. That kind of form needs major respect. After that he only went off 6/1 for the grade 1 at kem before falling when too early to tell what would have happened. That doesn’t concern me too much here and whilst he hasn’t yet proven himself over this trip, I still feel it is in his radar and if he gets the trip I think he might just have a class edge over these. 4.00 Doubly Guest 11 pp bog 7.5 pts e.w Some decent form this one over hurdles at times. Early on in her hurdle career she beat pierrot lunaire who went on and won a grade 2 by the end of the season and whilst she couldn’t recreate winning form, she did run into a few tough types like whiteoak and binocular. This season though she has come back and she ran a good and somewhat unlucky race at exe two starts back when she was second in a fair handicap but that could have been even better but for a mistake at the last that cost her victory. Lto she faded late on over further as her stamina gave way but back in trip today she has a good chance. 4.30 The Hollinwell 3.25 spo 15 pts This horse showed some ability at times in bumpers, nothing sensational but a hint of ability for a trainer not that well known for his bumper horses. Over hurdles it has sort of been a similar story, not massively breathtaking form but steadily progressive and possibly he is ready to strike now. Murphy’s horses have been in better form generally since Christmas and this one run well in second lto when the extra trip seemed to really benefit. With similar conditions today, he is the selection.

Re: Southwell 17/2 I'm Spartacus 4.00 @21.00 EW Paddypower Top trainer at the track Evan Williams sends only 1 horse to this track today! I'm Spartacus has won over C&D on same G/S ground Dec 2006. It has had a long break but Williams is adept at bringing horses back to run well at big prices and this just smacks value! Very Edgy 5.00 @17.00 EW William Hill Again one of the top trainers for the track Charlie Egerton sends only 1 horse to this track today! Egerton has only ever had 6 NH Flat horses run in the last 5 years and 2 won! Again with a top jockey aboard in Paddy Brennan this looks value! :ok

Re: Southwell 17/2 Pity one couldn't win!!!

I'm Spartacus 4.00 @21.00 EW Paddypower 4th :wall Top trainer at the track Evan Williams sends only 1 horse to this track today! I'm Spartacus has won over C&D on same G/S ground Dec 2006. It has had a long break but Williams is adept at bringing horses back to run well at big prices and this just smacks value! Very Edgy 5.00 @17.00 EW William Hill 2nd :nana Again one of the top trainers for the track Charlie Egerton sends only 1 horse to this track today! Egerton has only ever had 6 NH Flat horses run in the last 5 years and 2 won! Again with a top jockey aboard in Paddy Brennan this looks value! :ok